||Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.|
Mini-FAQ and System Requirements
Here is a "mini-FAQ" of info about Ravaged as well as the minimum and recommended system requirements! The Mini-FAQ will be updated over time so be sure to check out the latest version on our forums at http://goo.gl/7425U
Platform: Windows PC
Genre: Vehicular FPS
Distribution: Steam (others TBA)
Beta: Spring 2012
Release: Summer 2012
Weapons: 20 (approximately)
Players: Up to 64 (32v32)
Character Customization: Post-release
Dedicated Servers: Yes
Player-Owned Servers: Yes
Dedicated Server Tools: Yes
RCON Tools: Yes
Anti-Cheat: VAC (Valve Anti-Cheat)
OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon X2, or equivalent, running at 1.6 GHz or greater
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB available
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 256 MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS, ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro 256 MB, or greater
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 16-bit
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Network: Internet (TCP/IP) connection
Please note as the game is still in development, the Minimum System Requirements may change!
OS: Windows Vista (SP2), or Windows 7
Processor: QuadCore 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Video Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible, 512MB of VRAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX260, or ATI Radeon 4870
PR & Community Manager
Find 2 Dawn Games online:
Well figured I would get some discussion started, some questions for you.
1. Will the server options support setting up the game in an "infantry only mode", basically the ability to turn vehicles on and off?
2. I do not know what the game play will be like, So this may be a mute question, but will you offer settings to allow for a "Hardcore" game setup? Many of the releases today it seems to take a clip to actually kill someone. Most of these FPS titles offer settings to set the server up more realistic if you will. Adjust player health, remove unwanted HUD elements, things like that.
3. Will server options have the ability to turn off announcer or AI speech. Reason I ask this is because we run servers with "family values" in mind and we have Dad's that like to play with their kids, but do not want all the swearing in today's games. I know the argument, its "real life" on the battle field. But would be nice to have a swear filter option or just the ability to turn things things off with the server dvar or something.
4. Any plans to include punkbuster as an anti-cheat option? Would really like the ability to stream to pbbans or other similar sites so all admin can help each other. Plus my experience with valve anti-cheat seems to be it does not stop many cheaters.
5. Any plans or built in competition modes or mods?
6. What are the game modes? Will there be an objective type of game mode?
Our servers might not support infantry an infantry only mode, however we have specific maps designed for this, where the map is small and there are no vehicles. As for gameplay we are trying to keep it realistic, but at the same time fun, there will be life-like gun recoil and bullet spread, and your opponents die quickly when you are shooting them. The profanity filter is TBD, as well as the anti-cheat. As of right now we are going to use Valve's anti cheat and see where it goes from there, but we definitely want to keep the game free of annoying cheats so we will go to any means necessary to keep the game clean and fun. For the game modes right now we have two types, Capture the resource (think capture the flag except you are stealing enemy resources) and Thrust (capture objectives on the map). There are still a couple of ideas we want to add to each of these game modes, as well as the ability to add more game modes. We really want the community to feel like part of the process and we have a great thread on the 2dawn.com forums about fun and interesting new game modes, check it out and thank you for the support!