Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum----Gallery----Guides----Downloads

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > General Server Administration > Server General Discussion

Old 01-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
killnine is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Free 2U Dedicated Server, Basically

This is a bizarre post, but I am wondering if anyone is up to the task.

I have a fairly powerful server at my disposal, its actually on my desk next to me. It is a 2U rack server that contains:

* Dual Xeon Core 2 Processors (5148)
* 8Gb of DDR2-667
* 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports (Intel dedicated card)
* 2 x 250 7200RPM Hard Drives
* 2U Form Factor
* Expandability to 6 HDD, Multiple riser cards, etc.
* Intel 5000 Series Chipset

Now, this thing isn't doing anything on my desk.

Unfortunately, I don't have the money to put it in a datacenter, either. So I am proposing that someone help colocate the system and in return I will give them almost full privileges over the server.

Honestly, I just want to see the thing used.

I live in WI and my stipulation is that it remains somewhere close, Chicago preferably but I am flexible. There are a number of data centers close to me (Milwaukee), which would offer fast routing to anywhere in the US.

basically, this is a deal that gets someone a dedicated server for ~$100/mo. They can run their own game servers ,web server, whatever. They can virtualize servers, use it for storage, resell the server's power. I am very flexible.

I know there are a lot of people here who would love to administer their OWN dedicated server, and this is a chance to do that. Heck, if you are comfortable with managing hardware, you could even make it pay for itself. I just dont have the time to do it on my own.

email me at admink9(a)gmail.com if you are interested. I can provide pictures, a phone number, and we can talk over any details you want to.

Regards,
K9