Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 03-30-2017, 04:56 AM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Cheapskates rejoice! BF1 Premium Friends

Old 03-30-2017, 02:57 PM

sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
WTF?!?!?!

give us fully adminnable servers, for the sake of #)D)()$!!!
Old 03-30-2017, 03:03 PM

ibleedv20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ibleedv20
Hmmm. Complicated deal they are offering there. Why not just reduce the price point to where it is enticing to buy? At 128.98 for the ultimate edition that includes Premium Pass and 53.99 for the Standard Edition it seems that there could be another way. That is an 80.00ish spread.Why not charge 20.00 to 30.00 upgrade at a late date and or "Don't charge so much for your game"? Hitting the 130.00 mark for a video game that has broken no new ground in ages seems a bit heavy handed and foolish. Just my opinion. The division in the playerbase must be a problem now. I was waiting for a sale to buy this so it looks like it isn't happening for me.

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.
Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)
Old 03-30-2017, 05:16 PM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
I had no intention of buying BF:1 at first. I'm not running Windows or at least back then I wasn't I really didn't want to pay that much money for a game. Especially for one that I would only be playing for a couple of hours a week. For a guy that does not like Battlefield, I have spent an awful lot of time playing it! I much more prefer small map shooters like Day of Infamy. (I really did spend far too long playing MoH back in the day.)

The guys in my clan talked me into it. I installed Win7 on a spare SSD and set up to dualboot. At this point, I boot into Windows on Sunday evening to play with my old clan mates. It just has Teamspeak, Origin and BF:1 installed. There is no way I was going to spend money on premium and this way I don't have to. I get to play with the guys on a Sunday night, we have been doing this for the best part of 20 years now. (Delta Force does feel like a long time ago now)

So I only play with my friends that all have premium, I won't get to play with the fancy weapons or get any points. I can live with that.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:53 PM

woowoo is on a distinguished road
Creative approach.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:50 PM

sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
its the lack of independent dedi servers. Everyone bunches up on a server using PLAY NOW - tho you can, with a bud or two, attract a rapidly increasing player count on an empty server.

You can do the join on friend thing, queues don't last too long, but its a minor pain in the butt. No one has the numbers anymore - we have maybe 5 or 6 nightly players.

and there's been several discounts of the base game for some time, there was just a amazon prime buy that dropped the cost to $10.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:14 AM

Unacceptable is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgTsTuFz View Post
its the lack of independent dedi servers. Everyone bunches up on a server using PLAY NOW - tho you can, with a bud or two, attract a rapidly increasing player count on an empty server.

You can do the join on friend thing, queues don't last too long, but its a minor pain in the butt. No one has the numbers anymore - we have maybe 5 or 6 nightly players.

and there's been several discounts of the base game for some time, there was just a amazon prime buy that dropped the cost to $10.

Just not worth it......BF4 is still WAY better in game play.

And I don't see many of "us" on at all anymore

That's why I went on my own

Plus, I'm a deplorable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO