Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 09-27-2017, 05:28 PM

sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If there are dedi servers, as in the type of thing we had ten years ago, I'll eat my hat!
I surely don't want to see THAT!

Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
After the first match. The menus are hella confusing the game play is definitely CoD. The weapons are odd. They have ranked the weapons and chosen a pistol caliber carbine as the best when it was designed for rear echelon guards, artillery and delivery drivers! They rank it above the STG44 of all things??? that's really confusing. You don't start with the grand again very confusing. It runs well enough, 75 fps on my system with everything maxed.

It's definitely CoD, feels like CoD, looks like CoD and plays like it too...

https://t.me/PendragonUK
Old 09-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Forum Moderator

A few more thoughts.

Snipers are dominating
Pistols are over powered
The maps feel real small
Weapon balance is far from optimal
I still hate killcam F becomes the most used button
Building stuff in the map is cool. Barricades and MG emplacements
Very fast and furious, it's a bit like putting your face into a blender.
I left in frustration, oh yea "rage quit!" is alive and well in CoD:WWII

I will give it more time as you unlock better weapons and maybe some smoke to counter the snipers. If there was ever a game that needed class limits like Day of Defeat it's this. So many snipers! when they are not shooting you from distance they are bunny hopping about like crazy with a pistol.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:24 PM

ibleedv20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ibleedv20
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorwells View Post
My PC is the same - 8gb ram and GTX970

Does anyone think that there will be any noticeable difference between 8 and the recommended 12gb?
They did this last time. There is not a chance in hell that it requires 12gb. The had a kerfuffle and changed that last time. Nobody would play it if it were 12. They recommended too high last time. It will be fine with 4.

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.
Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)
Old 09-29-2017, 03:27 AM
Forum Moderator

Sorry mate I don't think 4Gb or system RAM is going to cut it!

I did see it creep up to over 9GB at one point.

If you notice my PC is using 50% of it's RAM, yea this is a 32GB machine. Oh yea and the game is using all of my 6Gb of video ram as well!

It runs real smooth on close to max settings but damn the Beta at least is a hungry beasty.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:51 AM

DPGmaximus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DPGmaximus Send a message via MSN to DPGmaximus Send a message via Yahoo to DPGmaximus
Apparently my 970 isn't enough. The game is poorly optimized. I went into the settings and dropped some graphics settings to low and the game still runs like crap.

I tried TDM and that seemed to run a lot better, but when playing the new WAR gametype, CoD:WWII just lags like crazy. Yes, this is a beta, but so far I am really disappointed.

I will keep my eye out for Battalion 1944 instead. These guys deserve our attention. The CoD series can finally die off like the MOH series now as far as I am concerned. They just don't get it and never will...

DPG since 2002. Isn't it time to join a more fun organized clan? Apply at thadpg.com
Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM

Unacceptable is on a distinguished road
Well,couldn't get it run on my gaming rig,kept getting "failed to launch".Read the list of fixes & nothing worked.........
Quad core 3570 3.4ghz,8 gig RAM,580 8gig vid card,up to date drivers..........

Not really worried,I'm sure it's got no rentable servers anyhow,so no sale for me.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:40 PM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Just got home yesterday and downloaded the 14G in about 4 minutes (Finally have fiber at the house - sorry had too)

I run a 4K monitor with a Titan XP and still trying to get the resolution set right. Seems like I had a lot of mouse lag. Need to work on those two items before I can really give my 2 cents.

However Penn is on the money with his comments. Took me longer to figure out how to get out of the game (seems like about 138 key strokes to exit). Then there is the blatant A and B icons/buttons to cycle through the menus.

Playing BF for the past god knows how many years and my age (49) I don't think I'm into the fast paced game play anymore. After catching up on some honey-do's around the house, I'll jump back in and spend some more time. I really want to like this game for old times sake.... but there's a few games that look interesting right now.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 09-29-2017, 03:34 PM

didn't know till now that the beta started up yesterday. Did see a dl just now for it.

found this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/smgs-already-...hanges-coming/

http://steamcommunity.com/games/6967...31600765111520
Old 09-29-2017, 04:37 PM
Forum Moderator

I have nothing against fast paced game but there has to be balance. I did not see any unjust kills that are so common in Battlefield when you get shot behind cover. Right now the only issue with CoD Beta is one of weapon balance and bunny hopping.

I don't mind games with a one shot kills, heck I play Insurgency and really like it but with CoD some weapons kill with a single shot but most do not. So it's balance rather than anything technical in the game like Battlefield.

So with some weapon damage tweaks and a massive accuracy penalty for jumping and I would be more than happy with what I have seen so far. I can do without all of the visual clutter on the screen but that is not a game breaker.

It looks really nice and on my rig runs well enough. Around 70 to 80 fps most of the time, very brief dips some higher points too. This is on max settings.

My system spec for those wanting to make a comparison

AMD Ryzen 1700X
32Gb RAM 3000Mhz
980 Ti
All SSD storage.
1440 monitor at 144Hz (G-Sync)

Old 09-29-2017, 06:27 PM

good for you. thanks for the reports.

but the appearance of the LOBBY to play a match - done. uninstalled.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to DPGmaximus Send a message via MSN to DPGmaximus Send a message via Yahoo to DPGmaximus
Did a headcount on some of my friends who tried out the game. 23 people who played the public beta. Out of that 23, not one single one decided to buy the game. In fact, one of them had it pre-ordered and got a refund.

DPG since 2002. Isn't it time to join a more fun organized clan? Apply at thadpg.com
Old 10-03-2017, 07:44 AM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
The problem I have is I only play HC and while I like fast past game play, this is a bit too fast for me. Game looked good but without proper MP server browser and some type of AC, I'm not a buyer at this point.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 10-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
The problem I have is I only play HC and while I like fast past game play, this is a bit too fast for me. Game looked good but without proper MP server browser and some type of AC, I'm not a buyer at this point.
Yup! I am with you on this Rudedog. I also enjoy the slower paced gameplay like you mentioned in previous posts.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:28 AM
Forum Moderator

Only one of my lot has said that they are going to get it, We have been playing a bit of Rambow 6 Siege of late.