Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty 4 > CoD4 General server support

Old 11-14-2014, 01:01 PM

Fluffy Knight is on a distinguished road
Setting up Auto Text without PB or Rcon Tool.

I need some help for setting up an auto text script that will play on the server. I have seen forums about this, but they talk about PunkBuster which we should know is no longer supported, I also don't want to keep my Rcon tool open 24/7 for this. Any help will be great.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:44 AM

SiCDude4Him is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SiCDude4Him
If you run a stock server then you have to use Punkbuster for scrolling text. PB still works fine. You wil need to ge the Legacy PB fix from PBBans (just google for it).

IF you have a modded server then you can use any of the various mods still available like OpenWarfare or eXtreme or a simple message generator without anything else but it will not be listed as a Stock server any longer.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCDude4Him View Post
If you run a stock server then you have to use Punkbuster for scrolling text. PB still works fine. You wil need to ge the Legacy PB fix from PBBans (just google for it).

IF you have a modded server then you can use any of the various mods still available like OpenWarfare or eXtreme or a simple message generator without anything else but it will not be listed as a Stock server any longer.
So even if Punkbuster is disabled on the server I can run an Auto Text script, or does it have to be enabled because as far as I'm aware PB is no longer supported so I can't use it on the server.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:08 AM

SiCDude4Him is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SiCDude4Him
Punkbuster for all Call of Duty games is no longer supported by Even Balance but Punkbuster stills works on all Call of Duty games. Visit PBBans.com they do a great job of still updating the MD-5 list that you can add to your PB configs. I have PB running & streaming to PBBans on my stock & modded CoD4 servers and works without any problems.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCDude4Him View Post
Punkbuster for all Call of Duty games is no longer supported by Even Balance but Punkbuster stills works on all Call of Duty games. Visit PBBans.com they do a great job of still updating the MD-5 list that you can add to your PB configs. I have PB running & streaming to PBBans on my stock & modded CoD4 servers and works without any problems.
Thank you for the help, now I have Punkbuster working for my server and my CoD4 correctly and everything