Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty 4 > CoD4 General server support

Old 08-16-2009, 03:08 PM

sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsonix View Post
Download your pbpower.dat file from your server via ftp and have a look at it.
Does it have the guids you have set up?
Does it look different to the examples provided?
If it has the same name twice for example on 2 different lines, delete one of them,save , reupload and /pb_sv_restart.
say Hellsonix - nice tut but your post here is saying that the pbpower.dat file IS the one that has the guids in it. In your tut, the pbpower.dat is the empty file.

I've set up acc to the tut - did the pb restart and server restart, but cant exec the powerguid.cfg

Oops, my bad. I upped both to the pb folder and forgot to add the ".cfg" to the exec powerguid.cfg command. Works now ! Thanks !

Last edited by sgTsTuFz; 08-16-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Hellsonix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
say Hellsonix - nice tut but your post here is saying that the pbpower.dat file IS the one that has the guids in it. In your tut, the pbpower.dat is the empty file.
In the guide, you start off by uploading an EMPTY pbpower.dat file to your server so that when you exec the powerguid config (which adds the player guids to the empty .dat file) it has a file sitting there ready to write to.
Afaik, you have to do it this way because punkbuster doesn't auto generate a .dat file for you.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:57 PM

Acetheman is on a distinguished road
How can i add a say cmd to this system?
Like the console talks. (console

EDIT...

And how can i remove the messages that comes up and says who did that pb_rcon cmd and why etc...
Old 10-05-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetheman View Post
How can i add a say cmd to this system?
Like the console talks. (console

EDIT...

And how can i remove the messages that comes up and says who did that pb_rcon cmd and why etc...
Adding /say commands to a config file is easy, it depends what you want to say, if you want to repeat it and how often.

Removing your name from the pb_rcon commands you execute I'm not so sure about. Not sure its possible to do that. I know some rcon tools don't show names but the /pb_rcon system does.

If you don't want your name to be known as Admin on the server (perhaps so you can spectate suspects etc) then I suggest logging in with a different name to do this.

Heres a basic RULES config file (must be saved as .cfg and placed inside your game servers MAIN directory) that will scroll your server rules every x amount of time.

Code:
//Rules Config

pb_sv_task 10 00 say Server Rules!
pb_sv_task 12 00 say NO MARTY OR TUBES!
pb_sv_task 14 00 say Offenders will be booted!

//pb_sv_task [seconds after reset to do the task] [seconds after initial time to repeat the task] [task]

Save the above in a text file and save as 'rules' (must have a .cfg extension).
I have made thre above so it doesn't repeat by itself as this eventually gets messed up.

(If you want the messages to repeat without needing another config just change the repeat time [zeros] to how many seconds after the initial time you want the message to repeat).

OR add the following line to your pb_sv.cfg file that automates the repeat process for the rules.cfg as a whole;

Code:
//Repeat the rules Config

pb_sv_task 80 90 exec rules.cfg

//Displays the rules.cfg file every 90 seonds (1.5 minutes).
Make sure you save the file, upload it and restart the server or use a /pb_sv_restart command.

You can also add color to the rules.cfg text if you want.

This should work, but I ain't been running a server for a few months so let me know if you get an error, it may just need a tweak somewhere.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:35 PM

*OldSchool* is on a distinguished road
Pb_rcon cmmnds

Is their a complete list of pb_rcon commands out there. This looks alot like the setup of ET or RTCW. I've run a few of these servers in the past so I understand the setup. Just curious as to specific commands that can be enabled to thos who are logged in by guid.

Also is there a way clientside for a player to submit abuse. That would record to a .txt file circumstances in ral time on a server.

I remember being able in console to use /condump cheetar.txt would then uotput a seperate logfile from the server to a client machine for proof of misconduct. Thats in the Bani_RTCW game though. Which was a mod of the original RTCW. Just curious. Thank you. :confused:
Old 01-25-2010, 12:05 PM

Anything you can input via console is usable.
Scroogle cod4 pb_rcon commands and I'm sure you'll get a few lists from different places.

Quote:
Also is there a way clientside for a player to submit abuse. That would record to a .txt file circumstances in ral time on a server.
Not that I'm aware of. Players can record demos and thats as solid as proof gets.

Last edited by Hellsonix; 07-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:34 AM

stanhelman is on a distinguished road
it would not let me ban people at power 99 so i had to use 100 if you may also know there is an easier way to make you a power user create a server it must be dedicated then connect to it after your done with that quit the game don't shutdown the server click on the CoD4 Console and you should see something like this (slot #1) xxx.xxx.xxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(VALID) Name

the first set of x's is your ip the longer line is you guid so all you need to do is copy the guid and type
pb_sv_powerguid then paste your guid and type what you want your power level to be after that you can rejoin your server or check out pb commands on the pb site also the command lines Hellsonix told you about works also.

you must be logined into rcon to use pb commands
Old 06-24-2011, 03:38 AM

Here is a list of PB admin commands for COD 4
PB_SV_AutoUpdBan [0/1]
Set to 1 (defaults to 0) if you want PB to automatically update the permanent ban file (pbbans.dat) after each change to the banlist in memory

PB_SV_BadName [grace_seconds] [text_filter]
Adds a bad name to the list of bad names for the server to disallow in player names

PB_SV_BadNameDel [slot #]
Deletes a bad name from the list of bad names

PB_SV_BadNameList
Displays the current bad name list for the Game Server; see the section dealing with the Player Name Management Facility

PB_SV_Ban [name or slot #] [displayed_reason] | [optional_private_reason]
Removes a player from the game and permanently bans that player from the server based on the player's guid (based on the cdkey); the ban is logged and also written to the pbbans.dat file in the pb folder

PB_SV_BanEmpty
Empties the current ban list stored in memory

PB_SV_BanGuid [guid] [player_name] [IP_Address] [reason]
Adds a guid directly to PB's permanent ban list; if the player_name or IP_Address are not known, we recommend using "???"

PB_SV_BanList [optional_search_text]
Displays the list of bans in the console, including kicks with a temporary ban; if the [optional_search_text] parameter is specified, then only bans/kicks that include the search text are listed (useful for searching for a specific name / guid).

PB_SV_BanLoad [optional filename]
Loads a PB Ban List from the specified file; if no filename specified, then pbbans.dat is loaded

PB_SV_BanMask [IP Address / Subnet Mask]
Permanently bans players from joining the server from the specified IP Address / Subnet Mask; for example: issuing PB_SV_BanMask "12.34." will cause PB to deny access to all players trying to join from an IP Address that begins with "12.34."; These bans are written to the pbbans.dat file just like bans issued with the PB_SV_Ban command

PB_SV_Disable
Disables the PunkBuster Server Software - the disabling does not take effect until the game server is exited and restarted

PB_SV_Enable
Enables the PunkBuster Server Software

PB_SV_GetSs [player_name_or_slot#]
Sends a request to all applicable connected players asking for a screen shot to be captured and sent to the PB Server; to specify a player name or substring (as opposed to slot #), surround the text with double-quote marks

PB_SV_IPGuard [IP Address]
The PunkBuster Server automatically adds suspicious IP Addresses to the IP Guard list when players join with a non-functioning PunkBuster client; Players joining from a guarded IP with an old version of PunkBuster are removed from the server; The PB_SV_IPGuard command allows admins to add their own suspicious IP Addresses to the list

PB_SV_Kick [name or slot #] [minutes] [displayed_reason] | [optional_private_reason]
Removes a player from the game and won't let the player rejoin until specified [minutes] has passed or until the server is restarted, whichever comes first - kicks are not written to the pbbans.dat file but they are logged and will show up in the output from the pb_sv_banlist command

PB_SV_Load [File Name]
Loads the specified PunkBuster configuration file which can contain PunkBuster commands and/or setting changes

PB_SV_NameLock [GUID or partial match] [Name to Lock]
Causes the PunkBuster Server to kick players wearing a locked name unless the player's GUID contains the specified GUID or partial match associated with a locked name; NameLocks are not stored to disk automatically so Admins should add these to the pbsvuser.cfg file in order to have NameLocks extend to future server sessions

PB_SV_NameLockEmpty
Empties the list of NameLocks in memory

PB_SV_NameLockList
Displays the list of NameLocks to the server console

PB_SV_NewLog
Causes PunkBuster to close the current PunkBuster log and open a new one

PB_SV_PList
Displays a list of connected players and their current status

PB_SV_Power [slot #] [power rating]
Adds player in specified slot # to the locally stored PB Player Power database with the specified power rating.

PB_SV_PowerList [filter]
Displays a list of Power Players in the database; if filter is specified, then only entries where the filter is either in the guid and/or name fields are displayed

PB_SV_PowerPoints [power slot #] [points]
Changes the number of Power Points assigned to a Power Player in the database; use the PB_SV_PowerList command to get the power slot #

PB_SV_ProtectName [Unique ID] [Registered Name]
Protects the specified PunkBuster Registered Name on the local server so that players who wear the protected name without having the correct Registration Credentials will be removed from the server

PB_SV_ProtectTag [Unique ID] [Registered Tag]
Protects the specified PunkBuster Registered Tag on the local server so that players who wear the protected tag without having the correct Registration Credentials will be removed from the server

PB_SV_ReBan [slot #]
Rebans a player who has been mistakenly Unbanned with the pb_sv_unban command; use pb_sv_updbanfile to update the permanent ban file after using this command

PB_SV_Task [X] [Y] [command]
Adds a task to PB's Task List; The Task will be executed X seconds after entry and every Y seconds thereafter; use -1 for Y if a one-time task is desired; this can be used to execute game server commands as well as PB commands

PB_SV_TaskDel [task slot #]
Removes the task from PB's Task List that corresponds to the specified task slot #

PB_SV_TaskEmpty
Empties the list of Tasks in memory

PB_SV_TList
Displays a list of PB Tasks along with a task slot # for each task

PB_SV_UnBan [slot #]
Unbans a player from the ban list stored in memory; use pb_sv_updbanfile to update the permanent ban file after using this command

PB_SV_UnBanGuid [guid]
Unbans a guid from the ban list stored in memory; use pb_sv_updbanfile to update the permanent ban file after using this command

PB_SV_Update
Forces the PB Server to attempt a PB software update even if no players are currently connected

PB_SV_UpdBanFile [optional filename]
Updates the specified ban file (pbbans.dat is used if none specified) with regard to recent unbans/rebans

PB_SV_Ver
Displays the currently running version of the PunkBuster Server software

PB_SV_WriteCfg
Writes the current values of the PunkBuster Server settings to the local hard drive (creating or overwriting a file called pbsv.cfg) in such a way that they will be loaded automatically the next time the PunkBuster Server starts; server admins who wish to manage multiple config files for different situations will usually not use this command at all

for more PB commands Click Here

Last edited by stanhelman; 06-24-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanhelman View Post
it would not let me ban people at power 99 so i had to use 100
Sounds like you didn't set it up correctly then.

The reason you should not use 100 status is because it is meant to be a backup security override in case your server gets hacked.

If you have other admins with 99 status, when they join the server and a power 100 status player is on the server their powers are reduced to zero afaik. So 100 status overrides all other admin status.
If you don't have any other admins its not a problem..however there is a security risk because if your server gets hacked then you have no way of overriding the hacker who now has top admin status. Thats the main reason for not using 100 status.

You should only give power 99 to trusted admins for your server (people you have gamed with for a while) and even then I would give any other admin 80 and reserve some of the destructive commands to 99 status only.
You should still be able to ban players at any status if you set it up correctly. If the ban command is not working at 99 then you need to check it has been added correctly to the commands list, also check wether your admin GUID has been setup correctly.
Best way to check is to download the files and open with notepad.
Duplicate entries may also stop either of those from working correctly.

Thanks for the PB commands list.

Last edited by Hellsonix; 07-15-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:09 AM

I fixed the problem with my PB commands also had to exec my command config twice then it worked and i set it up to restart PB through the config also i added wait 20 in between my commands that way it did not try to upload them at once. also i found a new PB command it is PB_SV_say [then what you want it to say]
i believe it will also work in the config it should look like this PB_SV_TASK [slot] [first] [every] PB_SV_say Hi or what ever text you want
the first is the time lets say i want to wait 2 minutes for it to come up saying Punkbusterclient: Admin: Hi so in first you put 120 in every you put in 60 if after it comes up you want to run it every 1 minute if you would like. PB has been hiding admin commands from us lucky for you i get on my server and do a little investigating with PB so if I find anymore PB admin commands i will post them here

Last edited by stanhelman; 07-16-2011 at 05:47 AM.