Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----


Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Pendragon's Avatar
Pendragon Pendragon is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: St.Austell Cornwall
Age: 52
Posts: 3,522
Rep Power: 15
Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Battlefield 1942 - Remastered in 4K

Thanks to ReShade, veterans and new players alike will be able to enjoy the newly updated visuals for a classic FPS. The release date for this mod is not very far away at all, the 5th of November is when the first version of the mod will be available and the final version is expected for 2018.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-13-2017, 11:20 AM
rudedog's Avatar
rudedog rudedog is offline
Site Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florida, USA
Age: 49
Posts: 9,947
Rep Power: 30
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Oh look another reason not to buy BF1... really looking forward to this mod and firing up the old BF1942. Loved flying the zero and corsair as well as the B17 in this game.
__________________
Not so Rude -RudeDog via Twitter or Friend feed

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2017, 08:27 AM
Pendragon's Avatar
Pendragon Pendragon is offline
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: St.Austell Cornwall
Age: 52
Posts: 3,522
Rep Power: 15
Pendragon is on a distinguished road
For whatever reason I missed BF1942, I didn't really get on the bandwagon until BF2.

I tried BF:Vietnam but had never played a "big map" game and really didn't like it. I think I spent a year or two playing Novalogics Joint Operations and got used to the larger maps game play. Then BF2 came out and I was hooked and played them all. I really like BF:4 by the end once all of the CTE improvements came in. There is something about BF:One, I can't put my finger on but it's no fun to play. The guys and myself included are moaning on teamspeak the whole time. Most of us have been playing Insurgency lately and it's more fun. If a game isn't fun something isn't right.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-14-2017, 09:47 AM
Unacceptable Unacceptable is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie,Fl
Age: 53
Posts: 208
Rep Power: 8
Unacceptable is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
For whatever reason I missed BF1942, I didn't really get on the bandwagon until BF2.

I tried BF:Vietnam but had never played a "big map" game and really didn't like it. I think I spent a year or two playing Novalogics Joint Operations and got used to the larger maps game play. Then BF2 came out and I was hooked and played them all. I really like BF:4 by the end once all of the CTE improvements came in. There is something about BF:One, I can't put my finger on but it's no fun to play. The guys and myself included are moaning on teamspeak the whole time. Most of us have been playing Insurgency lately and it's more fun. If a game isn't fun something isn't right.

Exactly!!! I played the free beta & was not impressed,it was a back step to BF4...
I feel PC gaming is gone anyhow,too many people play for "fun" and don't care to LEARN to play as team or go for objectives anymore.

BF4 players are crap anymore too,same thing,no objectives,no one even tries to win.So no more close games,it is always a blowout for one side.......

GTA V is at least fun till a modder shows up or the kids on controllers using the Auto Aim feature take over the server........I've given up on trying to get with a clan anymore,after 18 years of PC gaming I think the end is here
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:07 PM
rudedog's Avatar
rudedog rudedog is offline
Site Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florida, USA
Age: 49
Posts: 9,947
Rep Power: 30
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
I still pay BF4 gun master which is fun until the hand guns only show up or night time riot sheild.

Would love to play BF1 but from what I hear about the whole match making/MP browser I'll pass.

Need to play more Insurgency. Would love them to just remake some of the old classics without leveling/kill streaks

1942
MOH AA
COD 1

Now that I think of it, loved BF2/3... which ever it was that had Special forces and the zip line. Those where fun and you could move around the map and get to cool places.
__________________
Not so Rude -RudeDog via Twitter or Friend feed

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-14-2017, 03:38 PM
sgTsTuFz's Avatar
sgTsTuFz sgTsTuFz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 900
Rep Power: 14
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
well, what you haven't experienced, you don't know what you mean by matchmaking/mp browser.

The-Armory clan has a full server nightly, since late June, when they took up the cause again - they had rented from day 1 of the RSP feature but were held back by Dice-an problems.

Now their server runs all 22 maps with map vote between 2 maps at round's end. They play Conquest - the only mode worth playing. Glitches and lockups are rare. Much prettier game graphic wise compared to BF4 and 3. And smooth play. And so many weapons and vehicles - authenticity is a fascinating aspect of BF1. I'm now ready for BFWW2 - which would probably mark the return of the modern Spearhead that so many of us have wished for the last dozen years or so.

Browser problem - it does not hold Recent history. So you mark a server as a favorite. The-Armory and SC 8 Teamplay - SC 8 has server set to start with 6 players, so it is marked as custom, but DICE has allowed Quick Match on such servers.

Premium owners get rapid join when in Queue because of the Premium Priority.

Browser search fields are extensive, and its easy to find even your favorite servers in the multiplayer browser .... the only problem that I have is that players tend to use Quick Match, apparently, so that a partially full server will max out in a few minutes - i.e., not too many partial filled servers - they don't stay that way long, but then again - 64 players is a lotta targets.

There are a ton of East Coast DICE or official servers - they still run the 3 map packs separately, from what little I've looked - and those servers tend to be under adminned, as much adminning can be done. But on a clan server, clan presence and regular returning players show they're all about the playing the f****** objective.

For the few of us who remain on our TS and play this game, there are no miserable foxhole players. You know, everyone has their opinion on each game that comes out, and in the Allied Assault series and the BF series, there have been successive waves of moaners who quit the new game. I saw clans re-orient their gaming to another title. Call of Duty series has been out of this discussion since the infamous CoD MW2 2009 release without dedi servers - announced, as you all remember, 3 weeks before release date.

BF4, in a way, killed it for a lot of people, including the group I'm playing with, because it lasted 3 years - not the usual cycle - and some of our players wandered off after 2 plus years to play those 'other games'. BF's Battefront [StarWars] was a dud from beta. BF Hardline was a 1 month headturner. I have more time to play than you all who have posted here, but a coupla hours plus per night is enough for my gaming pleasure.

I'd say Cya on the battlefields, but I won't. There's only 2 of us who've posted on here that have played BF1. Seriously, BF1942 remastered to 4k standards. Don't believe that involves gameplay for a 15 year old game.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-14-2017, 05:25 PM
woowoo's Avatar
woowoo woowoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Age: 50
Posts: 1,518
Rep Power: 11
woowoo is on a distinguished road
I know I sound like a broken record but you should try Battlegrounds. It is bringing a lot of new blood to pc gaming - I've talked to many players who just got their first gaming pc just for this game. Player counts now peak over 1M concurrent. The game is buggy as hell but it doesn't matter because it's actually fun. A strong squad is a huge advantage motivating people to try to work together. It's only $30. As true pc gamers you should be playing this game.
__________________
_________________
WooČ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2017, 03:34 AM
Unacceptable Unacceptable is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie,Fl
Age: 53
Posts: 208
Rep Power: 8
Unacceptable is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
I know I sound like a broken record but you should try Battlegrounds. It is bringing a lot of new blood to pc gaming - I've talked to many players who just got their first gaming pc just for this game. Player counts now peak over 1M concurrent. The game is buggy as hell but it doesn't matter because it's actually fun. A strong squad is a huge advantage motivating people to try to work together. It's only $30. As true pc gamers you should be playing this game.

I've watched the videos on YT & it looks cool,but not enough folks want to be in a group,unless you like hangin with teens......most older guys like me (54),just play alone and don't know or want to be a team...........

BTW you are talking about Player Unknown Battlegrounds right????
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-15-2017, 07:15 AM
woowoo's Avatar
woowoo woowoo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Age: 50
Posts: 1,518
Rep Power: 11
woowoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unacceptable View Post
I've watched the videos on YT & it looks cool,but not enough folks want to be in a group,unless you like hangin with teens......most older guys like me (54),just play alone and don't know or want to be a team...........

BTW you are talking about Player Unknown Battlegrounds right????


Yes, PUBG. For reference I'm almost 50.

As a solo this game is heart attack inducing and unforgiving. I play solos but prefer squads. For squads most people use discord to team up. There are "old guy" and "Dads" servers so you can squad up with people of similar temperament. On the main discord servers it is a great melting pot of all players so you can get anyone in your squad. Depends on your mood. I've had some great experiences with a diverse squad.

I never use the in game voip or allow the random squad matching. That would be an asylum.
__________________
_________________
WooČ
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Unacceptable Unacceptable is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Port Saint Lucie,Fl
Age: 53
Posts: 208
Rep Power: 8
Unacceptable is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by woowoo View Post
Yes, PUBG. For reference I'm almost 50.

As a solo this game is heart attack inducing and unforgiving. I play solos but prefer squads. For squads most people use discord to team up. There are "old guy" and "Dads" servers so you can squad up with people of similar temperament. On the main discord servers it is a great melting pot of all players so you can get anyone in your squad. Depends on your mood. I've had some great experiences with a diverse squad.

I never use the in game voip or allow the random squad matching. That would be an asylum.
Thanks for the tip's I been lookin at this game for a few months,but can't just spend $30 on a game to "try" it out LOL
I'll be yakkin with my new clan members & see if they are willing to try it,looks like a tough learning curve though. Thanks again!!!!!
BTW, I have a TS server,if you do GTA V,holler at me,we need a 4th for heists and stuff
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM
soulz2003 soulz2003 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 254
Rep Power: 10
soulz2003 is on a distinguished road
I've been playing Squad off and on for 2 years now. Great map design/gameplay and gets better with each major patch. Love it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.