Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty World at War > CoD:WW General server support

Old 07-20-2012, 02:48 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
[PDE]Alastora is on a distinguished road
Is There Any Way To Have Power Rank Without An Entire Mod Use?

Hello. I want to run custom maps on a server, but I want all players to have their weapons and attachments from the start because we know players hate starting over. I understand that a mod switch has to be used in order to use custom maps. I've been trying to find a small mod in which I can disable everything else, but keep the power rank feature unless there's another way.

I was running OpenWarfare, but the only problem I have with it is when you die, the camera is bugged that it shows some other random location instead of the spot you died in and your attacker. That is pretty annoying and I was looking for an alternative or something small that doesn't require much.

Even some kind of config without an actual physical mod in the folder would do if that's even possible. I just want to run the maps.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM

Downloads: 16
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
yah, you're not going to get away from that bug, its RANDOM. I had it with every mod I tried in CoDWW.

As for no mod, just make a folder with a mod name in the mods folder, and toss your config[s] in there, and then adjust your startup or command line to point to that folder.

You'll have to rank up per that folder's name, but no mod files - now you can run custom maps. The server will run like a stock server per those config[s]' settings - the usual limitations of a stock server - but with running custom maps.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgTsTuFz View Post
yah, you're not going to get away from that bug, its RANDOM. I had it with every mod I tried in CoDWW.

As for no mod, just make a folder with a mod name in the mods folder, and toss your config[s] in there, and then adjust your startup or command line to point to that folder.

You'll have to rank up per that folder's name, but no mod files - now you can run custom maps. The server will run like a stock server per those config[s]' settings - the usual limitations of a stock server - but with running custom maps.
Thanks for the response. So there's no other way I could use the Power Rank setting (that mods like OW, X5, and ACE has that ranks your players up to 65) and unlock everything so they are ready to play? That's my main interest because as long as players have ranks and won't have to start from rank 1, they will play with the custom maps.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:02 AM

Ok well thanks.