Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2016, 08:14 AM
Site Owner

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 118
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Quick Battlefield 1 beta review

This is just a quick review of my 35 minutes with the game before work this morning.
- Download was around 7Gig and I was able to download that in about 4 minutes
- All my BF4 keyboard settings worked with the beta with the exception of my mouse. I had to invert it (yes I'm one of those players)
- Visuals are stunning in 4K (running dual 980GTI in SLI) all settings turned to ultra, had one stall but that could have been a networking hiccup
- I did not have any servers under 120ping thus let matchmaking pick my server
- Vehicles have more seats in them then past BF games
- it's a bit slower paced but I'm not sure if that is just the game (WWI) or because I'm just starting out in rank (make it to Level 3) where I was Level 133 in BF4
- Weapons seem very nice, lots of mounted weapons on buildings, around flags
- Again game play very smooth not sure what my ping was
- Loved the period aircraft and you have to get use to them. I crashed into more mountains and enemy planes then I would have liked too.
More to come later tonight after work when i can get some more seat time behind the controls. The one thing I don't like about these beta's is there is never any hardcore servers. I only play hardcore

I did not get any screen shots but will later tonight and post. Please let me know how you feel about the demo. This was a game I was going to hold off on but I may pre order after all. I know I know I should learn my lesson (Battlefront).

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows