Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 12-01-2016, 06:36 AM
Site Owner

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 118
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
No Battlefiled title for 2017

VideoGamer is reporting that EA/Dice will be focusing on Battlefront for 2017 and not a new Battlefield game.
Speaking at the Nasdaq 35th Investor Program earlier today, Jorgensen stated that EA "won't have another Battlefield back for a couple of years. Next year we'll have Battlefront, the Star Wars game."
More info and source: VideoGamer.com

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 12-01-2016, 01:35 PM

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
umm... battlefront came out Jan 2016. what gives? oh. Battleftont 2.

yeh, numbered sequels. Well, at least the 2 year release gap is back.

I take it that you missed out on the Black Friday sales of BF 1, rudedog.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
The best I could find was 39.99 and still can't seem to pull the trigger for some reason. I think once I rank up to 140 (currently 136) I'll get BF1

Only seems fitting that Dice wants to incorporate rank thus I'll max my rant before buying their next products.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:42 PM

Downloads: 0
CuzOfSloth is on a distinguished road
Been having fun with BF1. I did wait a couple weeks before buying.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:19 AM
Site Owner

how is the MP browser? Can I select and find my own servers? Is HC really HC? I don't want a Battlefield game wrapped in a Battlefront wrapper.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:09 PM

Downloads: 16
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
how is the MP browser? Can I select and find my own servers? Is HC really HC? I don't want a Battlefield game wrapped in a Battlefront wrapper.
1st thing - when you start up this game, it will throw you into the Campaign - an airless, windowless torture cell, with you panicking to exit this damn garbage. Its happened to the few that I've been on TS with when starting this game. Hit ESC till you drop out.

Now you can find the following screens to work your way thru the menus. Just noticed that my filter was set to TDM, showing TDM servers.

Well, you can use the Server Browser - its on a page with 3 other tiles to get into playing. The servers are all tagged with [DICE] -

HARDCORE - player health setting is not reduced to 60% - bullet strength is lowered - what value I dunno. Problem is, no players have avatars - including teammates - it comes off like a Free For All from the Spearhead days.

So I haven't been playing that hardcore much at all. The few time that I have played regular BF1, I tend to go to an empty server with a bud on TS and do the shoot and run around explore thing. Full CQ servers can be fun, can be maddening or overwhelming, just like the last few BF titles.

Conquest mode is the only mode with 64 slots. All other modes are limited to 24 slots, as are the maps ... reduced in size, altho I haven't checked out all modes, just TDM and CQ.

You can rent servers - from within the game menu !! - $1.99 a day or something, upto $150 for 180 days, I believe. Renting a server removes the [DICE] tag - i think - you can see the server names of rented servers in the Custom servers browser.

One other thing, it seems like that most players are using the QuickMatch option to join a server, so the players cluster into the Conquest servers, leaving tons of empty servers. So you're either queued up, or got lucky and got in at map change, or joined - eventually - onto a friend, which is a bit of a trick itself. There are friend tiles on the right side, but its more predictable to join using the in-game Origin app - just like Steam - Shift + F1 - then click on Friends list and click on a friend's name to join that server.

oh yah, Battlelog is now a separate app for your phone or tab/pad - I tried it, not bad .. lol, I can't recall if I left my questionable shield or badge enabled - I've since switched from the Note 7 to an LG Stylo that doesn't allow switching apps to the sd card without a workaround. Still, this app is for the kiddies ... hell, you may have a kiddie