Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 08-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Site Owner

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 118
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Quick Battlefield 1 beta review

This is just a quick review of my 35 minutes with the game before work this morning.
- Download was around 7Gig and I was able to download that in about 4 minutes
- All my BF4 keyboard settings worked with the beta with the exception of my mouse. I had to invert it (yes I'm one of those players)
- Visuals are stunning in 4K (running dual 980GTI in SLI) all settings turned to ultra, had one stall but that could have been a networking hiccup
- I did not have any servers under 120ping thus let matchmaking pick my server
- Vehicles have more seats in them then past BF games
- it's a bit slower paced but I'm not sure if that is just the game (WWI) or because I'm just starting out in rank (make it to Level 3) where I was Level 133 in BF4
- Weapons seem very nice, lots of mounted weapons on buildings, around flags
- Again game play very smooth not sure what my ping was
- Loved the period aircraft and you have to get use to them. I crashed into more mountains and enemy planes then I would have liked too.
More to come later tonight after work when i can get some more seat time behind the controls. The one thing I don't like about these beta's is there is never any hardcore servers. I only play hardcore

I did not get any screen shots but will later tonight and post. Please let me know how you feel about the demo. This was a game I was going to hold off on but I may pre order after all. I know I know I should learn my lesson (Battlefront).

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 08-30-2016, 02:01 PM

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
yah, I was surprised that it was available today, the 30th. I thought the release/play date was for the 31st.

I like your description of gameplay - similar to my alpha experience - but I am a bit disturbed at the server selection. At least there is a browser, no?

but that matchmaking thing .... I hope its not a portent of the released game.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:05 PM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
yeah, there is a browser but no sub 100pings for me at least with anyone in them. I need to check my pings next time as the game was smooth. There are some weird dead body animations.

Again a lot slower and for the old school guys/gals who like bolt action but man we need some hardcore demo servers, hate having to shoot someone 10X and see all the green outlines of your team mates. hope to get some quality time tonight

Old 08-30-2016, 03:06 PM

Downloads: 16
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
hmm, I just got in, I set my filter to North America, and 37 servers on West and East coast show, with East under 50 and west upto 80, and I'm in central coast.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM

Downloads: 3
Tobi54 is on a distinguished road
Fun so far, I'm shocked as of how good it runs, smooth as butter, better looking and better FPS than BF4 on same hardware, nuts. Love the gun play, rifle kills are so satisfying. This could get really fun on the domination-infantry mode they played on the closed alpha you know, for the few of us that still miss MOHAA. I'll get more time later in the week, I love what I've seen so far.

Old 08-31-2016, 11:08 PM

Downloads: 6
woowoo is on a distinguished road
Fun game so far.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:04 PM

woowoo is on a distinguished road
I would like to buy BF1 and get the expansion maps. I have no interest in anything else. Between all the versions and premium I'm having a hard time figuring out the cheapest way to buy what I want. Can someone explain it to me?
Old 10-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Site Owner

tell me about it, it's almost as bad as buying battle packs, not sure what the hell you actually get.

From my understanding if you want the game and the full pass to all maps as soon as they are released, you pay $129.

As much as I want the game, not sure Im going to pay that much for a PC game that is second fiddle to it's console step cousin.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Site Owner

I was just thinking about this. I may buy the base game and then if all actually works out well (don't want another Star Wars battle front) I'll buy the map packs individually. I'm not spending 129 bucks on a PC game ever....

Not sure how hardcore will work
What is the server browser going to look like and how will it act

Old 10-14-2016, 09:17 PM

MaydaX is on a distinguished road
Looks to be less options for servers and rumor has been there is no RCON access. You will control the server the same as consoles have been.

Also seems EA will have 100% control as noted in the announcement stating some game modes may be restricted at launch.

Quote:
What is the Rent a Server Program for Battlefield 1?

This will let you set up your own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

How do I rent a server?
You will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1.
In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.

When will I be able to rent servers?
You will be able to rent servers close after the launch of Battlefield 1. Stay tuned for a more exact date.

What customization options will the players have?
On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016 and beyond.

What does renting servers cost?
Rental server costs will vary depending on the length of your rental and whether you’re playing on PC or console. Stay tuned for exact pricing info.
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...server-program

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."
Old 10-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Site Owner

Yeah glad I'm waiting to see how this plays out. PC gamer is already reporting cheating in BF1 via the trial.