Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > BattleField > Bad Company 2 > BC2: Remote Admin Tool Support

Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM

AcidUK is on a distinguished road
Master Server List

I've been working on a tiny app that will query a server every 10 seconds, and play a sound if the player count drops.

Often my friends join servers en masse, and someone is left to mash the connect button until a spot becomes available.

I have it working just fine, but the only way I can get the Server IPs is to search for them by name on Gametracker.com, they seem to be the only place with a searchable server list.

I've spent some time with Wireshark trying to sniff out the requests to the master server, but my efforts haven't been fruitful. The problem seems to be that you have to be in an authenticated state to send the queries - this isn't something I could emulate, as it is a secure handshake.

Short of writing a script to scrape the IP from gametracker, and then using some sensible defaults to detect the query port (ie: port+99 or port+10), I can't think of a better way to make the app functional.

Has anyone spent any time trying to query the masterlist, or does anyone know how Gametracker are doing it?

I'd appreciate any & all input you guys might have.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:30 PM

MaydaX is on a distinguished road
This is one app that can do it:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers.htm#ealist

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."