Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty: United Offensive > CoD UO General server Support

Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM

Qui-gon is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help with getting server on master list!

Alright, well I have this router or "gateway" as they call it. It receives signals from a tower and that's how I get internet, it works like a router though. It's a Axesstel MV440.

It comes from a company, Cellcom, and I had to call for the username and password, they don't usually give it out but they did for me.

So I make up a static ip (which is out of DHCP Range) and put in the ports I want to forward. It's for Call of Duty UO, I start up the server but it doesn't come up on the internet list, only on local, so something's not right.

I allowed the ports through windows firewall, I don't know what's wrong. Are there some other router settings I need to mess with?

Also there are two different options - there's a "Port Forwarding" option and a "Packet/Port Forwarding".
Port Forwarding looks normal but "Packet" has "Src Port" and "Des Port", I don't know what those are.

Any help would be great!

Also I have the PortChecker tool and it says all my ports are open.

It doesn't look like I'm getting anything bad from the console -

Code:
CODUO MP 1.51 build win-x86 Dec  6 2004
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\awe_uo\z_awe_svr_customlogo.pk3 (2 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\awe_uo\w_awe_uo_v2.1_client.pk3 (53 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\awe_uo\w_awe_uo_svr_v2.12.pk3 (102 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/awe_uo
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\Zzz_The_Jungle[Final].pk3 (90 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\Zzz_Mp_Insanity.pk3 (31 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo07.pk3 (157 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo06.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo05.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo04.pk3 (7646 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo03.pk3 (2275 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo02.pk3 (790 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo01.pk3 (1657 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo00.pk3 (6233 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\hitlershallway.pk3 (6 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/uo
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pakb.pk3 (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\paka.pk3 (41 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak9.pk3 (149 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak8.pk3 (235 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\mp_panzermine.pk3 (30 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\landsitz.pk3 (49 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/main
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo02.pk3 (12 files)
    localized assets pak file for english
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo01.pk3 (37 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo00.pk3 (2578 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak5.pk3 (46 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak3.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak2.pk3 (9 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
51923 files in pk3 files
execing default_mp.cfg
couldn't exec language.cfg
execing uoconfig_mp.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec_mp.cfg
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium III
Measured CPU speed is 2.40 GHz
System memory is 1024 MB (capped at 1 GB)
Video card memory is 2048 MB
Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) supported

Winsock Initialized
Opening IP socket: localhost:28960
Hostname: xxxx
IP: 192.168.0.xx
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
Working directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition
PunkBuster Server: Changing (Vista) homepath to [C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD\pb\]
PunkBuster Server: pb_sv_SsNext = 3 (0 to 999999)
PunkBuster Server: pb_sv_LogNext = 371 (1 to 999999)
PunkBuster Server: PB Log File C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD\pb\svlogs\00000371.log Opened for COD (w)
PunkBuster Server: 0 Power Players loaded from C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD\pb\pbpower.dat
PunkBuster Server: 0 PB Rcon Filters loaded from C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD\pb\pbrcon.dat
PunkBuster Server: 0 Map lines loaded from C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\COD\pb\pbsvmaps.cfg
PunkBuster Server: Attempting to resolve master6.evenbalance.com
PunkBuster Server: Resolved to [204.15.228.214]
PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.729 | A1362 C2.165) Enabled
execing awe.cfg
execing dedicated.cfg
net_ip will be changed upon restarting.
map_rotate...

"sv_mapRotation" is:"map mp_foy map mp_rocket map mp_depot” "

"sv_mapRotationCurrent" is:""

Setting map: mp_foy.
couldn't exec mp_foy_dm.cfg
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: mp_foy
Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
----- FS_Startup -----
Current language: english
Current search path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\awe_uo\z_awe_svr_customlogo.pk3 (2 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\awe_uo\w_awe_uo_v2.1_client.pk3 (53 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\awe_uo\w_awe_uo_svr_v2.12.pk3 (102 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/awe_uo
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\Zzz_The_Jungle[Final].pk3 (90 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\Zzz_Mp_Insanity.pk3 (31 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo07.pk3 (157 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo06.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo05.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo04.pk3 (7646 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo03.pk3 (2275 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo02.pk3 (790 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo01.pk3 (1657 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\pakuo00.pk3 (6233 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\hitlershallway.pk3 (6 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/uo
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pakb.pk3 (60 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\paka.pk3 (41 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak9.pk3 (149 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak8.pk3 (235 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\mp_panzermine.pk3 (30 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\landsitz.pk3 (49 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/main
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo02.pk3 (12 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo01.pk3 (37 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\localized_english_pakuo00.pk3 (2578 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak5.pk3 (46 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak3.pk3 (7 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak2.pk3 (9 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak1.pk3 (3736 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\main\localized_english_pak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
51923 files in pk3 files
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: CoD:United Offensive
gamedate: Dec  6 2004
0 teams with 0 entities
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
Resolving coduomaster.activision.com
coduomaster.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.59:20610
Sending heartbeat to coduomaster.activision.com
Hitch warning: 2778 msec frame time
PunkBuster Server: Game Version [CODUO MP 1.51 build 1463 Dec  6 2004 20:33:18 win-x86]
Resolving coduoauthorize.activision.com
coduoauthorize.activision.com resolved to 63.146.124.59:20600

Last edited by Qui-gon; 11-03-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator Emeritus

OldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of light
See this first: http://www.olddogvt.net/cod-firewall

And, see this: portforward.com to look up your router/firewall.

You need PAT (port address translation, or port forwarding) for port 28960 on the router/firewall.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:43 PM

OldDog, thanks for your reply.

I looked over your page and (seemingly) set it up how it said to do but it didn't work out. Now about firewalls, the only firewall I have is the one that comes with Windows. I went into the firewall and made new rules and put in the ports listed on your page, when it says
"28900 to 28970", I assume I should just separate them with a comma? It wouldn't let me put it in like 28900 to 28970 or 28900-28970. So those are in and also the ports listed on portforward.com for UO. They are in the firewall.

This server is running off my computer, shortcut on Desktop then I launch CODUOMP and try to find it on the list.

Let me get you some more info, here is my command line -

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\CoDUOMP.exe" +set fs_game awe_uo +set dedicated 2 +exec awe.cfg +exec dedicated.cfg +map_rotate +set rconpassword "xxxxx" +set sv_punkbuster 1
Here is my dedicated.cfg

Code:
set sv_mapRotation "map mp_foy map mp_rocket map mp_depot” 
set g_gametype “dm”
set gamename "Nazgul"
seta sv_hostname "Nazgul"
set sv_pure "1"
// MasterServers
seta sv_gamespy "1"
seta sv_master1 "coduomaster.activision.com"
seta sv_master2 ""
seta sv_master3 ""
seta sv_master4 ""
seta sv_master5 ""
// Rate + FPS
seta sv_maxRate "2300"
seta sv_fps "20"
I also have an awe.cfg with AWE codes all set up and uoconfig_mp.cfg that the game automatically generates.

I've had a look at portforward.com and messed around quite a bit for my router there is not listed. Similar routers are (have similar names and same interface) but I still can't get it going.

Like I said, static ip is set up with ports forwarded in the router, portchecker says they're open, ports are allowed through firewall.

Let me know what you think.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Administrator Emeritus

OldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of lightOldDog is a glorious beacon of light
Do some screen shots of your router setup pages, and PM me with them, along with your outside IP address. I'll take a look. I don't see anything obviously odd about your config, nor your command line, but I didn't see the beginning of the config. Send your dedicated.cfg in the PM as well.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:20 PM

natecole is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-gon View Post
Alright, well I have this router or "gateway" as they call it. It receives signals from a tower and that's how I get internet, it works like a router though. It's a Axesstel MV440.

It comes from a company, Cellcom, and I had to call for the username and password, they don't usually give it out but they did for me.
I don't know if you are still active on this website, however I need port forwarding for some of my games. I was wondering if you could tell me the username/password for the MV440 router. I've called for it but they tell me that they don't give that information out for security purposes. I can't understand why Cellcom would lock there users out of the router!!

Thanks!!
Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecole View Post
I was wondering if you could tell me the username/password for the MV440 router...
They don't usually let you have access, the rep I spoke to was, at first, not willing to tell me. After I told him that I had saw another customer ask for the same thing, they told me a tech would call me.

He did and we reset it so I can get in. I never actually knew the username/password, it's only something they know, however, after telling them that they let someone else in, they let me in. The same might work for you.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM

natecole is on a distinguished road
Is there any special way to reset the router or do they do it from there end?
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natecole View Post
Is there any special way to reset the router or do they do it from there end?
The only way to change/reset it is to first know the current login. Once you're inside, there's a page where you can change it, that's how they do it.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 AM

whr4usa is on a distinguished road
Src Port == Source Port
Des Port == Destination Port

it looks like "Packet/Port Forwarding" is NPT [Network Port Translation] and "Port Forwarding" is PAT [Port Address Translation]

I'd suggest manually forwarding 28960-28969 and 20500-20519 on your gateway device's external interface to the identical ports on your gameserver's host device's connection\interface

cvar net_ip should never be used from behind a DMZ or with NAT and it seems the way that you've specified it default of localhost is overriding what you've configured anyways.