Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Medal of Honor > MEDAL of HONOR: ALLIED ASSAULT > MOH:AA General Server Support

Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 AM

heatsinkbod is on a distinguished road
MOHAA Reborn Query Tool - to support loss of Gamespy

Hi all GREAT news!!
X-null have now released "MOHAA Reborn Query Tool" to enable users to connect to MOHAA once Gamespy shuts down on 31st May

If you are not aware of Gamespy shut down and how it will effect the game of MOHAA (and additional games) are that users in game and on Xfire / Gametracker will not be able to see live server details such as if the server is online or who is online playing.

We can not advise on full extent of impact to Xfire / Gametraker / Qtracker and a likes you should view their forums to see if they have addressed this..................

Main Info here -: http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/ and more discussion here http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...hlight=gamespy

So here is the tool -:

The Tool supports many features - in order to support the loss of Gamespy the following is a brief summary.

Once Released Server Admins can upgrade their Servers to support the new Reborn Master Server Query (Currently still in development) Watch this space for release - NOTE -: You DONT have to use all the Reborn features but you will need to update your server. This update will allow servers to be shown online as with this tool - Third parties can contact X-null for Developer pack to support other third Party tools

This tool currently also supports legacy Gamespy servers so all available servers are listed (Once Gamespy goes down these servers can still be shown and connected to if available but they will show offline)

The tool once installed auto updates - you can check for latest version by clicking on the "about" menu option

Also checkout the "options" where you can customise the tool settings

Features
Supports all OS apart from MAC
Add Favorites flag
Country Flag for server location
Sort and filter server List
Join Server / Join Server with password
CMD Line Parms can be added in options
Auto refresh can be disabled in options to prevent lag
Show Offline servers option
Displays players in server

Please feed back on X-null here http://www.x-null.net/forums/showthr...r-Beta-Version any issues or suggestions, please note the tool is not a Server admin tool it is a game launch tool to support the loss of Gamespy

How to install the tool -:

You need .NET Framework 4.0 installed in order to use it. .NET 4.0 works on XP-Win8.1.

Get it here and install it first if you don't have it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17718

Then, download and run the installer:

http://www.dinofly.com/files/mohaa/M...yInstaller.exe

CREDITS

Own3mall - Tool Creator

Razor - Master Server Query Creator

Beta Testers and Feature suggestions
James
Dax
Heastinkbod
Shadow
skiTz
Purple Elephant1au
DustyBones
Appelpitje
Leyok
bulldozer

Cheers
Heatsinkbod

(Jon)

KILL em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!

AAAA the community for clans and players for MOHAA

Old 04-27-2014, 04:11 PM

sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
that all looks great ! but let me ask a question coz I aint been keeping up.

is this gonna work for AA:MOH and Spearhead and Breakthrough ?

or am I a dummy ;-) I mean to say, the internal server browser, for say, Spearhead - that doesn't work without Gamespy ? I know I been skimming this news but never saw Spearhead/Breakthrough listed, so didn't know if they were included as part of Moh:AA or not.

thanks !
Old 04-29-2014, 01:57 PM

heatsinkbod is on a distinguished road
Query tool

At present the tool has features for SH and BT also - where servers can be entered manually and so on but the Reborn patch at this stage is only going to be released for MOHAA - As Server admins need to update their server To Reborn for MOHAA to use the LIVE query browser.

My understanding at some point Reborn will release some dev packs for others to work on other games but at present all the efforts getting MOHAA working first

But the tool also supports manual entries................

It also has game launch support for BT and SH It got updated a few days a go

But yeh SH and BT will loose in game browser also from 31st May

Cheers
Heatsinkbod

(Jon)

KILL em ALL and then KILL em ALL again!!