Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 03-25-2017, 07:00 PM
Site Owner

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 118
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Next Call of Duty = WWII???

I really hope so, and I also hope they leave all the level grinding to their futuristic titles.
It appears that the next Call of Duty game, that is being developed by Sledgehammer Games, will be called Call of Duty: WWII. From what we know, Sledgehammer will Call of Duty back to its roots, and it appears that its first artworks have been leaked online.
Source and screenshots, DSOgaming.com

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 03-26-2017, 01:02 AM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Unacceptable is on a distinguished road
Interesting.....still won't have rentable servers I bet

Nothing but a console game

COD was once a great game...............................
Old 03-26-2017, 11:47 AM

Downloads: 6
MaydaX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unacceptable View Post
Interesting.....still won't have rentable servers I bet
If it even has them at all. 12-18 slot matchmaking seems to be the direction CoD continues to go since MW2 (With a few Black Ops games being a little different).

I enjoyed the chaos of 32+ players in Cod4 TDM but 12 -18 is just far too dull for me. Plus waiting in lobbies between maps just turned me away from games that use it.

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."
Old 03-26-2017, 01:27 PM

ibleedv20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ibleedv20
Hopefully Sledghammer/Activision feels the heat from BF now that COD sales have dropped off the cliff. I would be happy if they copied large player counts and BF like dedicated servers. That would get my attention.

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.
Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)
Old 03-26-2017, 02:42 PM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
What bleed said.

Hoping they think outside the current closed off console box... Bring the good old days back .

I can dream can't I?

Old 03-27-2017, 03:15 AM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
I fear that we will never see CoD return to a game we would want to play. However, there are a few games out there made by people that like us want to see a return to the classic gameplay of 10/15 years ago.

Day of Infamy is currently for sale on Steam. Good gameplay with dedi-servers, custom maps and mods.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/447820/

Battalion 1944 is currently on kickstarter. Looks to be faithful to the gameplay style we loved from those early MoH and CoD days.
http://www.battaliongame.com/

Microsoft can bite my shiny metal ass, we shall have our own operating system with blackjack and hookers
Old 03-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Site Owner

agree Pen, Looking forward to the alpha of Battalion 1944.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:25 PM

I recommend Rising Storm Vietnam if you can get in the next beta wave. It is an improvement over RS and RO2 in regard to character movement. The guns are outstanding. Great squad play. Great helicopters too.....accessible but challenging. Maps are big but sometimes feel too big. Bandaging system is better so it does not feel as rinse and repeat as previous games by TWI. God bless the John Gibsons of gaming.

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.
Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

Old 03-27-2017, 04:51 PM
Site Owner

Been trying to get in on the beta. Been watching the progress and it looks good.

Old 03-28-2017, 01:21 PM

Downloads: 6
woowoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
What bleed said.

Hoping they think outside the current closed off console box... Bring the good old days back .

I can dream can't I?

What was the last COD that had true servers? Last one I played was Black Ops so I'm guessing that one. I wonder how many versions ago that was?
Old 03-28-2017, 03:19 PM

Downloads: 16
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
Black Ops came out fall of 2010, same as that MOH. BO was 1st with dedi servers since CoD MW2 came out in fall 2009.

BO servers could only be rented from gameservers.com and those servers crashed A LOT.

There hasn't been any CoD title since that has had fully dedicated servers.
BO3 had rentable unranked servers, you can see it advertised at gameservers.com

2011 was MW3
2012 was BO2
Ghosts
Adv Warfare
BO3
Infinite Warfare in 2016

pretty sorry lot.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Forum Moderator

I think it's notable that we all decry the death of CoD, swearing off the idea of playing the modern version. Yet if there is a topic of conversation that will get a response on this forum it's CoD. We post news as often as we can find noteworthy topics but weeks (sometimes months) can go by without a response. Then some CoD news comes around and we have a page of posts. It's not a criticism just something I find interesting.

Microsoft can bite my shiny metal ass, we shall have our own operating system with blackjack and hookers
Old 03-29-2017, 12:19 PM

I find it interesting too Pen. I know why it is that way for myself. COD2 and COD4 represented the zenith of gaming for me. They had the movement I liked and the competitive community gave them a certain legitimacy that made me strive to get better. At the same time the accessibility was spot on. Those games IMHO had it all with modding and dedicated servers that gave you trusted net code accuracy. In addition real clans still were popular. Add in great game reporting at the community and developer level and we had a game that we not only played our hearts out with but felt close to from the developer aspect. I don't need it all back but I still believe that there is a legitimate market out there where people would buy a game that has Classic PC core functionality while satisfying the need to generate profits in game.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:49 PM
Forum Moderator

Games do come along that have the right ingredients but they never grab the player base to go mainstream. Well with the exception to the juggernaut that is Counter Strike.

When CoD was everything we wanted, 2 or 4. It was also the biggest shooter game. These days what is there? Battlefield One?!?

I love the feel and gameplay of Insurgency. It has all was old school gamers want, even a competitive scene. What a game like Insurgency do not have is a massive player base needed to keep the momentum going. I have been playing a fair bit of Day of Infamy as I'm a sucker for WWII games and much the same can be said. There have been many games over the years that you could say the same. Red Orchestra 2 should have been massive, how many other games fit the bill but fail to gain the popularity to gain enough momentum.

It would have been nice to have seen the CoD4 remake on general sale just for old times sake.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:59 PM

Downloads: 16
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
for our group, CoD was a sidestep until Stillbourne was released several weeks before CoD4. Having been a mad fan and player of the MOHAA series, other franchises were curiosities. So thats where our interest in CoD began, and ended with BlackOps.

But EA sealed the crypt that was MoH ... and then CoD did its infamous no servers thing, and we've been BF all the way since. Not totally happy about it, but its the last big AAA title worth playing, and the BF1 server arrangement is a major degradation, and I doubt that there will be any other AAA titles that will better that situation.