Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 06-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
ARMA 2 update v1.02

The official ARMA 2 update has been released (Version 1.00 or 1.01 -> 1.02)

Download Mirrors: (File Size 120MB)
RapidShare
Arma-FR.net
FileFactory.com
Armedassault.info
LegitTorrents.info
rghost.ru
Version 1.02 Highlights
* Improved AI driving skills
* Lowered enemy AI skills for regular and recruit difficulty levels
* Improved Micro AI tactics, attack in pairs, path limiting to avoid passing through walls.
* Fixed multiplayer session NAT negotiation
* Improved game stability (various crash opportunities fixed)
* Multiple save slots supported
* Improved terrain shape beyond map borders
* Various campaign and localization fixes and improvements
* Modules (F7) support added in the Mission Editor
* Added option to disable various post-process effects (bloom, blur etc.)
How to install:
- Run the patch setup executable, the patch is then applied automatically.
- It will install the entire contents of the patch to a folder within your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2).
- Please note that it is NOT possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch, only a full reinstall of the game is possible.
- It is not recommended to use any savegames created in versions 1.00 or 1.01.
Windows Server 1.02 Beta information click here File size 4MB

- Source: official ARMA II forums

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 06-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Nice to see the motion blur and bloom being sorted. The blur was going to make me puke

I have been spending some time trying to get a server going. So far it running but not quite how I want it. Finding info on running ArmA-II server is a bit thin on the ground.

The game is brill but then I'm biased cos I love ArmA and ArmA-II is very similar. By the way most if not all of the reported bug would appear to be in the single player. Something I have no intention of touching. I have seen very little problems with the MP game. Once in a while a sound file can't be found and a error report pops up on screen. So far I have seen that twice. Other than that nothing to report as far as errors and bugs go.

The game looks amazing, better than the official promo videos. My poor system is having a few issues with it. I'm having to run it in "Normal" mode. One of my clan m8's has a top end PC, Quad core bad-boy with a 2Gb ATI G/Card. He has it completely maxed and has said it's the best looking game he has ever played. Even on my old pooter I can report that the landscapes and vegetation are photorealistic. The whole thing is several magnitudes better than ArmA.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 AM

bacon is on a distinguished road
You guys make sure to report all the bugs so they get worked out before the NA release.

Think I am gonna get this one, but I am still kinda undecided. Game looks great thou.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Forum Moderator

It's odd I almost feel like recommending it to people just so they can see how beautiful it is.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Administrator

GaSplat is a glorious beacon of lightGaSplat is a glorious beacon of lightGaSplat is a glorious beacon of lightGaSplat is a glorious beacon of lightGaSplat is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
It's odd I almost feel like recommending it to people just so they can see how beautiful it is.
Careful Pen, or at least get a pre-nup if you can't hold yourself back.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSplat View Post
Careful Pen, or at least get a pre-nup if you can't hold yourself back.

LOL it's going to get messy... Kleenex anyone?
Old 06-23-2009, 11:16 AM

xvx is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Nice to see the motion blur and bloom being sorted. The blur was going to make me puke

I have been spending some time trying to get a server going. So far it running but not quite how I want it. Finding info on running ArmA-II server is a bit thin on the ground.

The game is brill but then I'm biased cos I love ArmA and ArmA-II is very similar. By the way most if not all of the reported bug would appear to be in the single player. Something I have no intention of touching. I have seen very little problems with the MP game. Once in a while a sound file can't be found and a error report pops up on screen. So far I have seen that twice. Other than that nothing to report as far as errors and bugs go.

The game looks amazing, better than the official promo videos. My poor system is having a few issues with it. I'm having to run it in "Normal" mode. One of my clan m8's has a top end PC, Quad core bad-boy with a 2Gb ATI G/Card. He has it completely maxed and has said it's the best looking game he has ever played. Even on my old pooter I can report that the landscapes and vegetation are photorealistic. The whole thing is several magnitudes better than ArmA.

Are you aware if the dedicated server will actually bind to an IP address? I know this is one of the major reasons we don't host ArmA, and it would be a shame if 2 had the same issue.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:08 AM

Grim is on a distinguished road
Hey fellas, was looking for this thread earlier so sorry for the double post. Does anyone have an example of what the parameter line should look like when using Firedaemon on a Windows box?

Most of the information I have read on Bohemia's forums hasn't been very helpful. A dedicated server guide for setup would be a blessing. Would anyone be able to put together a basic outline for the required files and configs? I too was trying to figure out if you can bind the server to an IP.

BTW, the game does look good and so far runs like a champ for a demo, I personally think it puts AA3 to shame but everyone to their own.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Forum Moderator

Server guides are hard to come by, I have been looking!

This is what I have discovered so far...

No one has written a server set up guide for ArmA-II, this is because the information about ArmA is the same. Under the skin ArmA-II and ArmA are identical. OK, if not identical they were separated at birth and only the dear old mum can tell them apart!

I'm running a ArmA mod on an ArmA-II server! guys this is the same game redone and fixed!

For such a complicated game the server set up is deceptive simple. I read what was available thinking that there must be more to this than I'm seeing, but no.

Read this, and yes it's for ArmA but don't let that bother you!
http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1080&d=0

This thread may also help...
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74957

If this thread is to continue we might want to think about moving it somewhere other than the news section.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:53 AM

bacon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon
I have never gotten motion sick from a FPS before, but the demo almost did it. The motion blurr was so horrible I couldn't stand to play it more than 30 minutes.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Forum Moderator

I'm not sure of the level of the demo, if it's as up to date as our games. After Patch 1.02 you can turn off the Motion blur by disabling "Post Processing" If not there is a mod for the pre 1.02 patch.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5851

If the graphics look like they are in "Soft Focus" or your FPS start to drop after time then you can manually "Flush" your video memory.

Left [Shift] + Numro [-] (Minus) Then type the word flush

After a few seconds all will be right in the world of ArmA-II
Old 06-27-2009, 03:25 PM

Grim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon View Post
I have never gotten motion sick from a FPS before, but the demo almost did it. The motion blurr was so horrible I couldn't stand to play it more than 30 minutes.
I lowered the head bob sway and that helped a lot for me.

@ Pen, thanks for the links and info!