Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 04-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Call of Duty WWII reveal

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 04-26-2017, 06:52 PM

woowoo is on a distinguished road
Looks like they're having a campaign which is positive I guess. I want to see MP myself.

It felt like they were copying BF1s idea of making the campaign relatable. I guess jury is out.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 PM

ibleedv20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ibleedv20
Just what you would expect at this point. The obligatory marketing campaign. Boots on the Ground theme. Sledgehammer to take on Nazi Zombies is news I guess. Unclear information whether pre-ordering PC will get you in the Beta. Whether one has to buy the Steam Digital Deluxe to be in the Beta. Whether PC will be included in the Beta at all. Since this is a PS4 exclusive whether the Beta will be limited to that platform. But that is open ended marketing to maximize pre-orders. I noticed in the Campaign in engine video teaser that you never see more than 6 characters at one time and don't know whether that insinuates very small squad sized maps on MP. Looks like there is some virtual pregame meeting space Called Headquarters for MP and that is interesting to me for another reason. It may be a step towards VR and reminds me immediately of VRChat on Steam though I wouldn't expect them to leap into VR in this iteration unless they added it as a separate minimode.I bet it is just social. It's inevitable though. Not that I am against that because VR will be in many games soon but won't take over totally. I just have no interest in hanging about with a bunch of Avatars in cyberspace...lol.

I have purchased COD before for Zombies and campaign only despite the MP being such shit but not a chance this time unless there are 32 player maps with better dedicated servers of some kind. My days of running around being dominated by 10 yr olds talking shit are over. I need a bigger WWII battle (not a skirmish) to get lost in and help the overall objective instead of being quick scoped and rinsed and repeated. Or a slower tactical game where cooperation is required.

I would be amazed if bigger maps and larger player counts came with this game.

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.
Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)
Old 04-27-2017, 04:05 AM

gman013 is on a distinguished road
Damn it! I didn't hear any mention of Base Assault!

I read on the interwebs that the game was advertised, for PS, on Amazon for 2 - 48 players & another article stated that the game for XBox from another retailer said the same but was then changed to "upto 18 players".

The "Headquarters" aspect I believe will be similar to The Division. There you are running around in a safe zone buying, selling, crafting, stashing & teaming up to do various missions etc.

Notice how they didn't say whether the beta would be available to PC. Maybe just for the PS platform. No mention of supply drops either!

Have to wait for E3 in June for more info...
Old 05-10-2017, 10:14 AM

HellBilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good hopefully they have slowed down game play to cod 1 or 2nd speed
I hope it's the old cod arena type tdm with 8 vs 8

Edit***. Holy crap they have to bring back carentan