Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 01-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Battalion 1944 - PC Early Access Trailer

World War 2 multiplayer FPS Battalion 1944 will be coming to Early Access on February 1st!
Old 01-13-2018, 06:48 AM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
I supported this a while ago, before it turned into a twitch type shooter. While I kind of like the game so far (limited early alpha tests). It's turned into something I don't care for.

Hoping early access brings more play time but the farther away this games gets from a MOH or early CoD type game the less I'll be playing. I cant see supporting game devs before a game is released. I keep getting let down.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 01-13-2018, 02:26 PM
Forum Moderator

I also backed this one on KickStarter, but have not had a chance to play it yet. the Dev team were behind a mod of CoD:4 to bring the movement and weapon handling of CoD 1 to Modern Warfare.

Have you had a chance to look at Day of Infamy yet? It's currently my favorite WWII shooter.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/447820/Day_of_Infamy/

It doesn't have the super refined graphics of modern game seeing as it's on the CS:GO version of the Source Engine, but the gameplay is excellent.
Old 01-17-2018, 04:09 AM

DPGmaximus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DPGmaximus Send a message via MSN to DPGmaximus Send a message via Yahoo to DPGmaximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudedog View Post
Hoping early access brings more play time but the farther away this games gets from a MOH or early CoD type game the less I'll be playing. I cant see supporting game devs before a game is released. I keep getting let down.
Man that is too bad that its turning out like that. I was hoping that it was becoming more like MOHAA/vCOD/CoD2. Damn...

DPG since 2002. Isn't it time to join a more fun organized clan? Apply at thadpg.com
Old 01-19-2018, 07:47 AM
Forum Moderator

Well I have my Beta key and I'll report back once I have had an opportunity to play some.

All we can be at this point is hopeful, I like supporting indie games. Anything to avoid the lootcrate/microtransaction BS of AAA titles has to be good at some level.

If they can recreate some of that CoD 1&2 feel I will be more than happy. If not then there are some other already out and in the pipeline for us to look at.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:27 PM
Forum Moderator

It feels like CoD and I'm not sure that is in a good way. It's not the best looking game I have seen. Textures are low quality and the map models look no better then a source game from 10 years ago. What am I saying, if these were user generated custom maps you would be really impressed. However these are maps for a commercial game, they are not at all great.

Gun play is very CoD like, zero recoil and lots of jumping about. Yes very CoD like! the hud is an over sized mess. At this point I'm not sure if I'm critiquing Battalion 1944 or old school CoD?!? Maybe there is a reason CoD changed and other games came along to fill the gap.

So if this is indicative of the type of thing they are trying to achieve it's a good game but not a great one. Personally I will continue to test the game as it matures. But also look to Day of Infamy for my WWII shooter fix.

https://imgur.com/a/ISmwx
Old 01-19-2018, 10:44 PM

soulz2003 is on a distinguished road
Might check out Insurgency: Sandstorm and Hell Let Loose when those games start becoming playable .
Old 01-20-2018, 03:37 AM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulz2003 View Post
Might check out Insurgency: Sandstorm and Hell Let Loose when those games start becoming playable .

I will definitely be all over Sandstorm, I have always like Insurgency from back when it was a mod. There is a competitive scene for Insurgency and a healthy modding community.

You know that post Rude has at the top of this site that was written all those years ago telling devs what we wanted? Well Insurgency and Day of Infamy fit the bill.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:49 PM
Forum Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPnQDhF348
Old 01-21-2018, 04:18 PM

soulz2003 is on a distinguished road
Wow, that looks like just barely better than Counter-Strike 1.6 quality.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:48 AM
Forum Moderator

It plays well and if you are after that CoD2 feel it has that. My only issue is how many want that old school feel?

Counter Strike manages to do it, have a movement and gun play from 15 years ago and still have a massive player base.

I love WWII shooters, much my prefered weapons. Thing is I have moved on in what I'm looking for. I have said it before and I'll say it again, Day of Infamy is a better game.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Forum Moderator

It's just been released in early access and it's cheap, really cheap. It's just over ten quid at the mo, you have very little reason not to give it a look at this price.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
It's $13 here in the states. Glad I paid $114 to support this game

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Forum Moderator

I think they are having some server load issues, I have not been able to get a game tonight.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:41 PM

ibleedv20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ibleedv20
Not ready for early access . Many reasons. Kaleidoscopic colors all over screen. Inability to launch game. Inability to enter game. Playing through the colors the ADS and guns feel like stock Unreal Engine settings with no actual development massaged in to it. It's a rudimentary mod level game based on out of the box UE settings. Pretty sure it's not worth the 14 dollars I paid for it but the light show is in my way. It might be worth 15 dollars

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation.
Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the “hidden” confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights.”

- Alan Greenspan, Gold and Economic Freedom (1968)