Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 09-15-2017, 08:51 AM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
Call of Duty WWII PC open beta

Looks like the PC community is getting a sample of CoD:WWII beta starting Sept 29th till Oct 2nd and does not look like you have to pre order the game first.

Now, the Multiplayer Beta is coming to PC as an Open Beta for all PC gamers.

Together with Raven Software, we’re excited to share that the Call of Duty: WWII Open Multiplayer Beta on PC will kick off on September 29th and run through October 2nd on Steam.

The PC Open Beta is just a small part of the full Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer experience coming to Steam in November. This test is a critical step on our road to delivering the best possible online experience on Steam at launch in November, with the following key goals:

• Stress test core gameplay systems and online backend infrastructure at scale
  • Provide PC fans with their first hands-on experience of the boots-on-the-ground combat coming in Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer
  • Engage with the PC community to fine-tune and optimize the PC experience for November
Here are the minimum PC specs you’ll need to play in the Beta test. Please note that these specs are for the Beta only. In our next update, we’ll share the recommended PC specs for the Beta, since we’re finalizing this part of our testing as we speak.

Min Spec:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB RAM
HDD: 25 GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660 @ 2 GB / AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

These specs could change following the PC Open Beta, so we’ll share the final specs closer to launch.

- More info here

Microsoft MVP 2009-2016 Games for Windows
Old 09-15-2017, 09:34 AM

DPGmaximus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DPGmaximus Send a message via MSN to DPGmaximus Send a message via Yahoo to DPGmaximus
And of course no mention on whether or not we can host a proper server...

DPG since 2002. Isn't it time to join a more fun organized clan? Apply at thadpg.com
Old 09-15-2017, 10:57 AM
Site Owner

rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Even I don't think there is a chance in hell that would be included... but then again we're actually getting a CoD game set back in WWII

... nope not going to happen.

if this game, I mean demo looks and plays well I'll preorder. Note to publishers, I only pre order games I can test, beta or demo first. Never will I pre order on your half asses attempt to inform your customers what or what will not be in the game you are trying to sell... sorry to rant guys, bad day with work and my ISP ATE... really ATT but the tech kept calling it ATT. I did everything I could not to laugh while on the call.

Old 09-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
I'll still not pre-order, I really don't do that anymore. I'll wait for reviews from people I trust. This will after all be a full price game after all. Not to mention DLC / season pass. I'm still smarting after BF:One and the cost of premium I'm not going to use. A lot will depend on is the guys in my clan are going to play the game.

https://t.me/PendragonUK
Old 09-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Site Owner

I agree with you pen, deep down I really want this to be a huge PC game success. But I don't think we'll see that ever again.

Old 09-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Forum Moderator

I have just checked, they want £45 quid for it! At least it's on Steam, that's one bonus I guess.

Old 09-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Call of Duty®: WWII - PC Open Beta is now in Pre-Load mode on Steam!

The beta kicks off on September 29th, but get a head-start by pre-loading the game now so you can be ready to play the beta on day one.

The Call of Duty®: WWII PC Open Beta is your chance to get hands on with Call of Duty®: WWII Multiplayer, and provide essential feedback prior to the game’s launch on November 3.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Forum Moderator

Activision has just announced that the PC open MP beta for Call of Duty: WWII is now available for pre-load. In addition, the publisher revealed the features that will be supported in it. According to Activision, the PC open beta of Call of Duty: WWII will support native 4K resolutions, framerates up to 250fps, as well as controllers, G-Sync monitors, Ultra-Wide monitors and high-resolution mouse. Moreover, the PC open beta build for Call of Duty: WWII will feature a FOV option, fully re-mappable keyboard/mouse, and advanced video settings. And while aim assist will be supported in the final version, this feature has been completely disabled for the open beta. While the PC open beta will not support multi-monitors, the final version of the game will. Furthermore, the development team is working to support HDR at launch. Last but not least, Activision has revealed the full PC requirements for Call of Duty: WWII’s open beta.
Recommended Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core™ i5-2400 / AMD Ryzen R5 1600X
RAM: 12 GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1060 @ 6GB or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 / AMD RX 580

Minimum Requirements:

CPU: Intel Core™ i3 3225 or equivalent
RAM: 8 GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 @ 2GB

Old 09-26-2017, 11:17 AM

DPGmaximus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DPGmaximus Send a message via MSN to DPGmaximus Send a message via Yahoo to DPGmaximus
Looks like I need more ram. I only have 8GB, but my board supports 16. I am glad I meet the recommended with my 970 GTX. Don't meet the recommended on the OS though. Mine is Windows 7 and I prefer it that way.

DPG since 2002. Isn't it time to join a more fun organized clan? Apply at thadpg.com
Old 09-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPGmaximus View Post
Looks like I need more ram. I only have 8GB, but my board supports 16. I am glad I meet the recommended with my 970 GTX. Don't meet the recommended on the OS though. Mine is Windows 7 and I prefer it that way.
You are within min spec.

Is it just me or are these min specs a little high? I know it's been awhile since I played CoD but I remember it running on anything. If this a sign that the latest generation of consoles having a bit more under the hood means the game will take a bit more to run well.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:15 PM

woowoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
You are within min spec.

Is it just me or are these min specs a little high? I know it's been awhile since I played CoD but I remember it running on anything. If this a sign that the latest generation of consoles having a bit more under the hood means the game will take a bit more to run well.

More likely minimally optimized port.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:37 PM

sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
not a word about dedi servers/admin features. I know this is for the beta, but ... 25gb... well. oh. Yah, them specs are a bit high on graphics card - min and rec.

My 680x otta be fine. Ivy 3770k and 16 gig ram. Throw it on and see what it does.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Forum Moderator

If there are dedi servers, as in the type of thing we had ten years ago, I'll eat my hat!

Old 09-27-2017, 03:17 PM

seniorwells is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPGmaximus View Post
My PC is the same - 8gb ram and GTX970

Does anyone think that there will be any noticeable difference between 8 and the recommended 12gb?
Old 09-27-2017, 05:42 PM
Forum Moderator

You might have to turn off some of the filters but a a 970 should be more than enough. This is a console port after all. Granted the consoles are a fair bit more powerful than they once were they are still nowhere near the performance of gaming PC.