Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Games from Indie Developers > Red Orchestra > Ostfront 41-45 > 41-45:General Server Support

Old 05-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Zookawarrior

Question Auto-kick based on high ping?

Hey there community!

Is there a tool/mutator for auto-kicking high pingers from the server? I'm running a-50-slot DH server from Gameservers.com. I know the high ping doesn't make the server laggy (which the server really isn't :P) but I'm thinking this as a gaming experience for the high pinger in my European server. The gameplay is different if an Australian plays in EU server or his own continent server and I'm trying to provide here equal fun for the Europeans, those with ping <100, though I was thinking setting the limit to 200. Also I've heard that maybe not one causes decrease in the performance but multiple high pingers does. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by Zookawarrior; 05-16-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Zetsumei is on a distinguished road
you forget that an Australian doesn't have any other server to play on. Blocking him doesn't increase his fun. Ping have no effect on the servers performance, no matter how many players are in the server. Its just that someone could slightly end up warping around with really high pings.

Last edited by Zetsumei; 01-08-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:49 PM
Zookawarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
you forget that an Australian doesn't have any other server to play on. Blocking him doesn't increase his fun. Ping have no effect on the servers performance, no matter how many players are in the server. Its just that someone could slightly end up warping around with really high pings.
Then again, I don't run my European community to accommodate Australians :P
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 PM

MajorDay is on a distinguished road
Not very community-spirited of you Zooka, im sure the Aussie players would rather play on servers a bit closer to home, but as their are none, they have no choice.
The only person affected by his high ping is himself.So give the guy a break.