Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 > CoD:MW3 General Server Support

Old 11-10-2011, 07:42 AM

lady is on a distinguished road
spawn time settings

I can not get the spawn waiting time of 10 seconds away on my hardcore domination server on mw3 for pc. I tried every option. Once hardcore is off there is no spawn waiting time but as soon as i put Hardcore on then there is this waiting time again.

When i look in the config it also says: gameOpt commonOption.respawnDelay "0.0000" // [ 0, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 30 ] but still after restarting server a thousand times everytime when someone gets shot they have to wait 10 seconds before they can spawn back in game. Is this a bug? Or do i have to change some more settings?

I see now that im not the only one with this problem. Went in 7 differend hardcore domination servers and they all got that 10 seconds delay after you got killed.

Hope someone can give me some advise about this.

Call it, Friendo!

Last edited by lady; 11-16-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:33 PM

ItsTricky is on a distinguished road
I had the same thing happen on my server. If you would execute the gameopt command in the console every map_rotate it would stay at 0, i believe.. At map rotation it seems to reset.

Last edited by ItsTricky; 11-10-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM

zeroy is on a distinguished road
Strange, the only time gameOpt commonOption.respawnDelay is set by default is for SAB gametype...

and yes, any of the gameOpt change require a map_rotate or map start to take effect. It must be somehow tied to HC setting....
Old 11-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Soldat Ryan is on a distinguished road
I have got the same result in TDM (hardcore)

It is like this on my file.
Code:
gameOpt  commonOption.respawnDelay "0.0000" // [ 0, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 30 ]
and there is still 5-10 sec respawn delay.

Any idea ?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:23 PM

davie is on a distinguished road
no matter what you do you will not be able to remove the 10 sec respawn time in harcore. 10 secs is the default, kust like cod 4 except no value will override it,, even the -1 gives the server errors on start up and it over rides it.
(please feel free to proove me wrong as it will make my day lol)

i spent hours upon hours trying all different thigns with no joy,, i ended up making new configs for all the gametypes in softcore, wiht the lowest setting of healt and mini map removed,, works perfect, will do for now as the pick up weapon etc and use messages are annoying me but its better than all the moaning about respawns

Last edited by davie; 11-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:36 PM

jalapeno is on a distinguished road
What command did you use to get rid of mini-map ?

Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 05:19 AM

gameOpt commonOption.radarAlwaysOn "0"

Add that to each of the dsr files of you could try this on the main config

seta radarAlwaysOn "0"

But I don't know if it will work but if it does it means u will only need to enter it once rather than adding it to each recipie
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 AM

zeroy is on a distinguished road
I guess the respawndelay is broken while on HC... They' ll have to patch this.

For the gameOpt, note that you can execute this function directly via rcon console while in game... gameOpt might also work in .cfg file, not tested though.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:40 PM

jalapeno is on a distinguished road
Tried on softcore configs:

CTF
gameOpt commonOption.radarAlwaysOn "0"

server.cfg
seta radarAlwaysOn "0"

did not work
Old 11-14-2011, 02:36 PM

5niper is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Same here. Didn't work for me either. I hope Davie can shed some light on
what we're doing wrong. If it works for him, it has to work for everyone.

Until the spawn countdown thing is corrected in HC, would be nice to
remove other "softcore" features like the death icons.

Tried the commands in our game recipe, in the server.cfg, and everywhere else
I could imagine. Still the minimap is there.

:confused:
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Yeah it defo works mate another setting must be conflicting with it, the easiest and best way to do it is to create your own recipie,, some may not agree with how i done mine but im a picky f@@ker an like things organised so if they need edited later its all in a findable section rather than searching for a needle in a haystack and cant find it for looking at it lol

click play/private match/game setup

pick the mode you want then select options,, do not enable hardcore mode

chage the settings to suit the way you want to use it, i personally tweaked the time an scores, but a major must for me was
spectating - team only
killcam- disabled
radar always on- off
respawn delay- none
wave respawn delay- none
force respawn- enabled
friendly fire- enabled
max health - miniscule

The rest of the options are up to you, but i changed all the default classes to remove granade launchers and crap guns, as even if grenade launchers are restricted the defualt class still allows them as its a default class, plus it also means you can have a nice set of default classes for people who enter the server ak's an stuff like that.

If you wish to change the default classes change the ones you want to change, once youve selected them an all the killstreaks rename it, then copy it to the opposing slot as opposing teams are allies and axis and you can set them different, its easier just to copy the one youve made so both teams can use the same default guns if needed.

If you want to restrict certain weapons, like me, go into custom class restrictions and remove non-lock on rpg's etc, last stand death streaks etc whatever you want, once your done hit back then save recipie to disk, name it anyhting.

I then tried to cheat the system and build a cod 4 style config with all the defualt classes etc on the 1 file with all the gametypes on the 1 recipie,, but it didnt work due to the gametype setting in the default playlist and the game setting in each recipie

So i used the first file as a base for my guns and killstreak restrictions etc and general server settings like health killcam settings etc., then tidied the recipie up so all default gun settings were in the 1 section and all the server config files that i wanted to use on all playlists was at the bottom, mainly to make it easier to change later.

Then i went in to the recipies section again and remade recipies for all the playlists we play, but i only changed the gametype and score and time settings etc, the gametypes them selfs only really have 3 or 4 commands to determine score, time, round switch and lives and the rest of the settings are the same and nearly all recipies have all the other gametypes settings in there too,, so i removed everything and only left the settings specific to that gametype in there and copied and pasted the neater custom settings from ther other file into each one.

The End result was that i was left with was a config file for all gametypes, customized through out all the gametypes with same guns, restrictions health killcam etc

Once you do 1 the rest are so easy,, also using notepad to edit the recipie you made will look like a dogs dinner and will be very hard to organise into sections,, use a text editor like Komodo http://www.activestate.com/komodo-id...FQRP4Qodvj_Cow now when you open the recipie with that, it will look nice and neat and splitting the general server settings from gametype settings will be so much easier.

Once all your recipies are done copy and paste them into your gameservers config files,, replacing the default garbage or transfer them to your server and edit the default.dspl with your custom .dsr names.

fire it up and it should be the way you want it,, if not, it has nothign to do with me

Heses a Copy of My CTF Config to use to get a better idea of what ive rabbled on about for the last hour, The .dsr file is in a zipped folder as forum havnt allwowed .drs extensions yet but i assuse you that there are no hidden nasties in the folder
Attached Files
File Type: zip ctf.zip (5.7 KB, 337 views)

Last edited by davie; 11-15-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added info that android just couldnt do lol
Old 11-19-2011, 02:15 PM

Exclamation

WOW! Davie, thanks for that reply.

Sad to say though, still not working for me. Too weird.
I blieve you made one for each game type; would it be
to much trouble to have you upload the one for TDM?

I like all the same settings you do. I guess, I could also
load the one you made, then change the game type, and
that should work; 'should'.

Anyone have any luck removing the crosshairs?

Thanks m8
Old 11-19-2011, 10:47 PM

aye have the tdm one too mate,,

you have got 2 chances of removing the crosshairs in soft core,,, slim and none
only way to remove them is set to hardcore but then u gotta put up with respawns

until they update the very limited settings we can change on the server i think thats the best youll get mate
Attached Files
File Type: zip war.zip (5.7 KB, 279 views)
Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 AM

Exclamation

Davie, I thank you for at least trying to help me with this.

But still does not work. I used your war.dsr as the recipe,
but the dang minimap is still there.

I don't get it. Has anyone else here gotten this to work?

There's no logical explanation. There must be something
different about our setups that make this work for you,
and not for me.

We are talking about a dedicated server, yes?
Old 11-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Attach you plalist file config an dsr mate an ill have a look for Han invade its something stupid