Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty 4 > CoD4 General server support

Old 04-10-2015, 07:04 AM

KmLon is on a distinguished road
Question Need a little help with "ModWarfare" mod

Howdy Strangers,
Allow me to introduce my self and please help me to remove the darkness around "ModWarfare" in my mind.

ma name is Earl D. and I'm running a cod4 dedicated server on linux vps

I heard ModWarfare mod can disable some noob perks like Juggernaut, Grande Launcher etc.

but when I start the server with +set fs_game "mod/ModWarfare"
1. server starts ranking from level 1
2. which means players have to unlock their all perks and weapons from the beginning.

I'm looking for a help from you guys. hope you can help me to fix this issue

Is there any way to make my server keep stay ranked as default even when um running with +set fs_game "mod/ModWarfare"
and how can I make players to detect the server running like a non moded server (default)?

I've seen many servers have done that. they are running with limited perks but server detects as a non moded default server (nothing downloads to players computers). (Eg: on GameTracker top #3 Cod4 server)

when I logged in to that server with a granade launcher (assault class) class, Server says "Granade Lancher removed, Have a nice day!"
That is awesome! I need that mod so badly.
I don't know it is modwarefare or not because when I disconnect from the server, nothing changes in main menu (no sign of modwarfare). its not displaying as a moded server.
and I think they don't use "fs_game" value because I can't see that in their public variable menu (in HLSW)

Does anybody knows how to config a server just like that?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by KmLon; 04-10-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:41 AM

SiCDude4Him is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to SiCDude4Him
There is a mod (actually, a hacked executable) out that does just what you are looking for - allowing a modded server to appear as ranked in the server list since Ranked is the default server list search settings, it would allow for your server to appear in search results. The guys that made it are in India. However, I cannot remember the name or URL, sorry. Join that server and ask how they do it. Nothing wrong with that

I do beleive the hacked/edited executable is for Windows dedicated only if I remember correctly so your Linux dedi would be out on running the mod-ranked exe. Things may have changed so just google around for info on it.

THe default ModWarfare will be rank 1 for everyone. This is how every mod folder name will work, actually. Some mods, like eXtreme & OpenWarfare allow for you to set the players rank at 55 as soon as they join.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCDude4Him View Post
There is a mod (actually, a hacked executable) out that does just what you are looking for - allowing a modded server to appear as ranked in the server list since Ranked is the default server list search settings, it would allow for your server to appear in search results. The guys that made it are in India. However, I cannot remember the name or URL, sorry. Join that server and ask how they do it. Nothing wrong with that

I do beleive the hacked/edited executable is for Windows dedicated only if I remember correctly so your Linux dedi would be out on running the mod-ranked exe. Things may have changed so just google around for info on it.

THe default ModWarfare will be rank 1 for everyone. This is how every mod folder name will work, actually. Some mods, like eXtreme & OpenWarfare allow for you to set the players rank at 55 as soon as they join.
Hi SiCDude4Him, Thank you very much for the reply!
Yeah, you are talking about iceops.in
and I thought that too,
by changing "sv_showasranked" "0" to 1 on 1.7a should do the trick, but I tried that too and failed.
still loading the game as a modded one (unlike the vanilla game)

The description of "sv_showasranked" is
"List the server in serverlist of ranked servers even when it is modded"

(https://github.com/IceNinjaman/CoD4X...nked&type=Code)

I think its just showing the server on the servers list. that doesn't show the modded game as vanilla game. even you change "sv_showasranked" "0" to "1"

Can I give you an IP Address so you can go there and check and tell which mod is running on?
but posting an IP address here is going against forum rules, am I correct?

wait, What is openwarfare? does it change game rules, bullet damages, graphics, weapons etc or another stock mod like modWarfare???? iceops guys also told me about openwarfare mod.

Is there any other way to load such a mod without changing the value of "fs_game" cvar or dvar? (whatever you guys call)
Old 04-10-2015, 12:44 PM

Those guys have a modded game server executeable.

A full mod has all the options you can dream of for changing hte setup of your server.

I think you are looking to use both of these. The India boys have an executeable. eXtreme & Openwarfare are the mod. Two different things.

The mod is what you want. Now, there is debate on whether having modded servers show in ranked server list is even beneficial anymore since most all players are level 55 anyway. Also, if your server is not stock and shows in the stock list it could create confusion for some players and get some pissed. SOmething to consider.

Learn how to setup an Openwarfare modded server that you & friends like. This will be more valuable in the long run than getting randoms dumped into your server.

CoD4 has 20,000 empty servers. It's not a game to go into thinking you are going to get a populated server unless you have lots of friends that simply sit on your server 24/7 playing & admin'ing. A friendly server atmosphere is worth more than 10 64-slot populated hacked servers, IMO.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCDude4Him View Post
Those guys have a modded game server executeable.

A full mod has all the options you can dream of for changing hte setup of your server.

I think you are looking to use both of these. The India boys have an executeable. eXtreme & Openwarfare are the mod. Two different things.

The mod is what you want. Now, there is debate on whether having modded servers show in ranked server list is even beneficial anymore since most all players are level 55 anyway. Also, if your server is not stock and shows in the stock list it could create confusion for some players and get some pissed. SOmething to consider.

Learn how to setup an Openwarfare modded server that you & friends like. This will be more valuable in the long run than getting randoms dumped into your server.

CoD4 has 20,000 empty servers. It's not a game to go into thinking you are going to get a populated server unless you have lots of friends that simply sit on your server 24/7 playing & admin'ing. A friendly server atmosphere is worth more than 10 64-slot populated hacked servers, IMO.
Thanks for your reply. There is no problem about players or admins. I already have 2 servers with lot of players and admins. The main problem i am facing is these noob perks. Many new ppl come and ruin the server with them. Few other servers have them disabled and i am loosing lot of players from my server due to this issue.
So i also wanna disable perks and have some mods as i can.

As you said i already have the executable game server from indian boys. If those mods are eXtreme & Openwarfare, then how i can run them as a stock server like those other guys do?
I tried openwarfare with command line +set fs_game mods/openwarefare
then the whole game changes to a modded server and players need to download the mod before playing too.
I played on their servers with clean mods folder and nothing downloads and plays just fine as a stock server. It ranks like a stock server too. But no perks and lot of other mods.
So how can i run the mod as a stock server like others do?
Old 04-10-2015, 01:43 PM

You may have been playing on a server(s) that is using the built-in modwarfare folder. Hence, no need to DL anything. This is most likely the case. Or, some admins may have figured a way to get more info embedded into the hacked exe. It could have been a plugin being used with an admin program like B3 that limits weapons. Hard to say.

We compained about this ranked/nonranked modded server listing crap when the mod tools were released but fell on deaf ears. If you had a stock server - players. If you had a modded server - empty. Servers running this modded exe may very well one day be banned but seems Activision could care less.