Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty World at War > CoD:WW general discussion

Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM

Mamba is on a distinguished road
>I didn't have any problems with WaW for about a month.

^That right there should absolve the game from blame. I'd be asking myself what changed with the system between then and now. Also might consider doing a System Restore back to that period if possible. Did you happen to upgrade your video drivers after ^that point? Seems I've read of a lot of people with 8 series cards having various problems unless using an older driver version...say very early 180 or previous.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:53 PM

Solice is on a distinguished road
Well, I was thinking about what might be the cause last night and I had an idea. I did reimage my machine (backup image was made) and when I first loaded CoD WaW it ran perfectly.

After reinstalling some software I tested it again, it worked fine. Once I performed some of the finishing cleanup and ran Perfect Disk 2008 using the SMART Placement for a defrag method it happened again. So I changed the defrag method to normal instead of SMART Placement and performance is right back to normal.

So... I was horribly wrong in blaming Treyarch for this. It was an underlying issue that I never considered after ruling out drivers and windows updates.

Perfect Disk is a solid app, but for some reason SMART Placement makes a mess out of the games files. What still has me stumped is that uninstalling some drivers would resolve the issue, before I discovered the Perfect Disk connection last night.

I'll keep playing and report back if it happens again since I've changed the defrag method of the app.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:24 PM

Mamba is on a distinguished road
>It was an underlying issue that I never considered

Glad you found the culprit. Figured it had to be something system-level (drivers, etc) since COD4 was impacted also.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:19 AM
yentrangkorea

CoD:WW Troubleshooter FaQ - For Clients

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba View Post
RE:
7. Sound Fix

a. Goto Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > speakers > Advanced tab / Set the default format to 24 Bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)
b. If you have Creative SB X-Fi you need to install the the latest drivers (link at bottom)

---

Some also have problems with the sound not working properly unless the audio hardware acceleration is reduced...in my case from "Full" to "Basic". As this setting won't "stick" between reboots (for moi' at least), I exported the acceleration registry settings before/after and made a batch file to:
Reduce to Basic
Launch the game
Reset to Full

More detail if requested.
Nice info, thank for sharing