Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > BattleField > Bad Company 2 > BC2: Remote Admin Tool Support

Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM

halvors is on a distinguished road
How to get stats for player

Hi!

Is there some way i can get stats for a player and view it in my own app?

halvors.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:57 AM

Nadar is on a distinguished road
There was the bfbcs.com API, but since Vietnam came out and the Plasma system can't cope it's pretty much useless. As far as I know, that's the only "non hacking" way to do it.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:40 AM

Phil_K is on a distinguished road
Hi.

There is also http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/
But i can not say if they provide an api.

Greets
Phil.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:13 AM

There are several other statspages, but none of them (AFAIK) has any API - and if they did they would just be limited by the same problems that bfbcs.com is: the EA backend system/Plasma.

Last edited by Nadar; 01-13-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM

Crispy128 is on a distinguished road
BFCB2 rconNET is provides ingame player stats (rank, statsme, top10)! You can also show this stats on your clan page via a php script!

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21967

Crispy
Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy128 View Post
BFCB2 rconNET is provides ingame player stats (rank, statsme, top10)! You can also show this stats on your clan page via a php script!

http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21967

Crispy
What he'd be interested in here is how you get the stats information - via the bfbcs.com API or by some other means.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 AM

Kalms is on a distinguished road
There is an API which provides access to the player's full stats. It is maintained by the developer who made statsverse.com. Current clients are statsverse themselves, bfbcs.com and bfbc2.eu.

Their access to the stats DB is throttled. We give out access on a very limited basis. Given the current limited throttling level, people need to implement their own centralized cache mechanism to make the API useful.

From the rconNET description it seems as though the stats there are derived purely from rcon-based information (rank, kdr and such).
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalms View Post
From the rconNET description it seems as though the stats there are derived purely from rcon-based information (rank, kdr and such).
I agree, and thus it's misleading in this sense. The "rank" rconNET describes has nothing to do with the players actual rank, but is an "internal" ranking based on various parameters.

I still feel it would be beneficial if you'd let us get Rank and ELO from the admin interface instead (since the gameserver has already fetched this it wouldn't create further queries to Plasma to get this information and it's not exactly confidential information), but the bfbcs.com "public" API used to work well as well until Vietnam came along. Nowadays you can get (old) information for players already in their database, but getting any info at all for new players is close to impossible via the API.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:33 AM

MorpheusX(AUT) is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalms View Post
There is an API which provides access to the player's full stats. It is maintained by the developer who made statsverse.com. Current clients are statsverse themselves, bfbcs.com and bfbc2.eu.

Their access to the stats DB is throttled. We give out access on a very limited basis. Given the current limited throttling level, people need to implement their own centralized cache mechanism to make the API useful.

Since I have been working with stats and BFBCS a lot in the last days and weeks, programming on my Cheater Alert-Plugin for PRoCon, I was wondering whether there would be any other possibility to fetch stats.
My plugin relies on some global stats, which are analyzed automatically. Thus, I have to use BFBCS' API at the moment to fetch those. But since they are still under heavy load, updates take several hours, and you often don't get into queue. Stats are a few weeks old in many cases too, since the update fails to execute, not to speak of the players who aren't even within the database yet.
I was talking to Freakboy from Statsverse too, but as said before, they provide to API to fetch stats from. Is there any other source or possibility someeone could think of?

Just a question: if I am informed correctly, the gameservers fetch pretty some stats from the masterservers once a player joins (to unlock the right weapons, show earned awards, etc...). Couldn't a possibility be to query the gameservers, or transfer some data via RCON-protocol?
I know this may sound a bit strange, but would make my work sooo much easier if I have some kind of more direct access to the stats
Old 02-24-2011, 03:35 PM

Kalms is on a distinguished road
You'll have to go through a throttled stats feed because of this reason. The only public option I know of is the API at www.bfbcs.com.

With that said we did double the max throughput rate for all sites about a week ago and we will look into whether we can increase it further.