Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 PM

MaydaX is on a distinguished road
Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Reveal Trailer

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM

woowoo is on a distinguished road
I was actually surprised it is set in the future. I will have to see more. I noticed PC Dev (via twitter) is promising PC news as soon as he's allowed. We shall see.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
I think I shall try to take a different stance on this release. In stead of railing against game play, content and delivery of features. I will think of it as a roller coaster ride, stand in line, pay my money and strap myself in and enjoy the ride. Do my best to take what we are given without getting upset. I'm not sure quite how well I will do, because I see many things I won't like if I were to look at it too seriously.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 AM

MaydaX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We’re in for a visual overhaul.
Dan Bunting, Treyarch’s Director of Online, showed some of the graphical upgrades Treyarch has been working on – what he called a mix of “tech and technique.” He walked us through an unpopulated level on Socotra Island in Yemen that showed off HDR lighting, bounce lighting, and self-shadowing (“Lighting is what does most of the work when it comes to visual fidelity,” says Bunting) as well as a new texture technique called reveal mapping. I don’t know what it does — all I know is I saw beautiful, detailed sand that looked like it had haphazardly fallen between the cobblestones on the street. When “the old way” of texturing and “the new way” were shown side by side, the differences were undeniable. Some of the improvement is more practical than technical; on a future LA level called Aftermath, Dan pointed out that there were lots of unique environments within the level — a coffee shop, a hotel lobby — designed so players could easily call out their locations to teammates without having to struggle for a description. And yes…it’s all still running at 60 frames per second. Dan said the team was not willing to sacrifice frame rate for visual detail. The build he was showing was on an Xbox 360, but it’s worth noting that Mark Lamie mentioned that the PC version will take advantage of DX11 cards.
http://oneofswords.com/2012/05/what-...-black-ops-ii/

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 AM

woowoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I think I shall try to take a different stance on this release. In stead of railing against game play, content and delivery of features. I will think of it as a roller coaster ride, stand in line, pay my money and strap myself in and enjoy the ride. Do my best to take what we are given without getting upset. I'm not sure quite how well I will do, because I see many things I won't like if I were to look at it too seriously.
I can agree that approach is worth a try except the part about paying to get in line. The paying for me won't happen until i see something compelling. But overall it's a good idea.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 AM

Tobi54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We’re in for a visual overhaul.
Dan Bunting, Treyarch’s Director of Online, showed some of the graphical upgrades Treyarch has been working on – what he called a mix of “tech and technique.” He walked us through an unpopulated level on Socotra Island in Yemen that showed off HDR lighting, bounce lighting, and self-shadowing (“Lighting is what does most of the work when it comes to visual fidelity,” says Bunting) as well as a new texture technique called reveal mapping. I don’t know what it does — all I know is I saw beautiful, detailed sand that looked like it had haphazardly fallen between the cobblestones on the street. When “the old way” of texturing and “the new way” were shown side by side, the differences were undeniable. Some of the improvement is more practical than technical; on a future LA level called Aftermath, Dan pointed out that there were lots of unique environments within the level — a coffee shop, a hotel lobby — designed so players could easily call out their locations to teammates without having to struggle for a description. And yes…it’s all still running at 60 frames per second. Dan said the team was not willing to sacrifice frame rate for visual detail. The build he was showing was on an Xbox 360, but it’s worth noting that Mark Lamie mentioned that the PC version will take advantage of DX11 cards.

I'm not going buying into anything they say regarding to the tech until I see PC footage, they have been adding things to the engine since forever and all you really get is subtle improvements at best. They are already talking about how they won't compromise on their "60 Frames Per Second" experience on consoles, but I saw FPS drops on the reveal trailer. Just for the hell of it I went back and saw the MW3 reveal trailer and IMO the city landscapes, buildings etc look surprisingly quite a bit better there than in BLOPS2, making them look bland, boring, and lacking detail by comparison.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM

Omega* is on a distinguished road
Same ol' bullshit:

Hard Questions: Black Ops 2 multiplayer cheats, dedicated servers, LAN support

PCG: Will Black Ops 2 have dedicated servers on PC?
Mark Lamia, Studio Head, Treyarch: We had it with Black Ops, so the architecture exists. But we haven’t yet announced exactly what that setup is going to be with Black Ops 2. The goal, for us, really, is to… We like the flexibility, just philosophically, of the dedicated server. We also like our game to be played the way we spent the last couple of years making it, and try to find that happy medium between the two. There’s a meta-game that we’ve created here in terms of allowing people to rank up with the experience points and everything. Trying to make sure that people can enjoy that meta-game is important to us too. That’s where we try to strike that balance on Black Ops as much as possible.

Read on if you must......
Old 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
"Blah blah blah XBOX. Blah blah blah play our game how we say to." Same tired song and dance.
I have not purchased a COD title since MW. They continue to more than justify my closed wallet policy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

"The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails." William Arthur Ward

Dont forget the 7 p´s...
Proper Prior Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:53 AM

Colon_CrapSpray is on a distinguished road
I'll pass on this game too...The last version of Blops lagged so bad I just uninstalled it. This will probably lag even more...and it was sooooooo boring to play.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM

shaldag is on a distinguished road
It looks dated and hackneyed. It's too bad though as we have many of our friends working for TREY. I will wait way after it is published to see if it's worth the pleasure or aggravation.

I don't buy in the douchebaggery of studio execs anymore. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Forum Moderator

Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Well I quite liked Blops, so I'm looking forward to the new game. Of course there are thing I'm not going to like, game play wise. Also the issue of expensive DLC doubling the cost over the 12 months life of the game.

I guess it boils down to one simple question, will my clan be able to rent a server and have some fun of an evening. Shouting at each other over TS like we have been doing for over the last ten years.

If they screw us with the server rentals there is always MoH:Warfighter just so long as they don't break it. Or more likely simply under deliver just as they have done with every MoH title since Break Through. Thinking about it Blops:II has a better chance of being good given past performance. WaW was a good laugh, so was Blops, I think it's clear by now that Treyarch's CoD is a very different proposal to IW's Modern Warfare vision of CoD. To me Blops was a proper PC game where as MW is the worse type of console port.

Anyhow lets keep our fingers crossed and watch closely to see what happens.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 AM

zeroy is on a distinguished road
Like Pendragon, this time around im not going to engage in the "save PC gaming/modding" type campaigns.... just taking the game for what it is, trying to think of it as something else than COD I knew.

Im actually quite interested in the "near-future" approach they are doing this time, not a Sci-fi FPS fan this could be an in-between.

On the graphical stuff, this trailer looks terrible, console of course - I just dont get why they dont record this stuff straight out of a PC running max settings and very high res. I wouldnt count on DX11 features, more like a use of bigger GFX card that happens to support DX11 - A DX9 game it will be, i would bet on it.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM

Garrett2112 is on a distinguished road
Increased interest looks to be reflected in increased 3X pre-orders (from Electronic Theatre UK ) - but why someone would preorder at announcement & that far out is beyond me...
Quote:
Pre-orders for Call of Duty: Black Ops II began yesterday, as reported by Electronic Theatre. Today, the retailer Amazon.co.uk has announced that the second instalment of the Call of Duty: Black Ops series has achieved more than three times the orders received for 2010’s Call of Duty: Black Ops in the first twenty four hours.
Can't wait for the scandal announcement that seems to be the marketing plan for all the latest COD's. Guess this one may be something like terrorists blow up a building full of lil puppies or something...:P
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM

Tobi54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroy View Post
On the graphical stuff, this trailer looks terrible, console of course - I just dont get why they dont record this stuff straight out of a PC running max settings and very high res. I wouldnt count on DX11 features, more like a use of bigger GFX card that happens to support DX11 - A DX9 game it will be, i would bet on it.

They haven't ported it yet!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM

ibleedv20 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ibleedv20
Everything looks like "Assets Saved" on everything past the foreground.
That's got to be because they are stretching the engine and searching for optimization anyway they can get it.

If it's not then they should be ashamed to throw this out as AAA as compared to other games that we have now.

It's still worth $60.00 to me to play MP with a COD avatar feel.

$60/50hrs = bout $1.00 an hour of entertainment till it wears on me

I don't know how else to look at the series .