Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back > BattleField > BattleField 3 > BF3 Remote Admin Tool Support

Old 08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Bluecewe is on a distinguished road
Server stops sending events

I've been developing a remote administration project over the past few months with a friend. We've progressed quite rapidly recently, and have hit a strange issue.

It seems that after 5-10 minutes, the game server stops sending events through the remote administration interface. The connection still seems intact. I have used an external program to monitor packet transfer, and it seems as though the server sends no events when events occur in the server even though the connection with the layer is still intact.

Does the remote administration interface stop sending events after a set interval of inactivity, or should I be looking further into my code? I'd like to confirm with you guys whether this is a game server feature, or my issue.

I decided to test the theory that the game server stops the event stream if no events occur for a while. With a simple timer telling the server to show the event stream every 5 minutes, the event stream now appears to work forever. If anyone knows the specific time it takes before the server gives up on monitoring events, please let me know.

Last edited by Bluecewe; 08-31-2012 at 06:09 PM.