Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum--------Guides----

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > BattleField > BattleField 3 > BF3 Remote Admin Tool Support

Old 09-21-2012, 12:16 PM

PapaCharlie9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyverx View Post
Hey Papa,

try to get the current download from the build server at http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewL...&tab=artifacts

and try to run this one. All referenced and needed dlls should be in there.

For the release on codeplex I deleted some dll-Files from the directory. Maybe my PC has some components installed that are then missing in the release package.

Good luck and let me know.

MacX
I got the current build, #29, and it still crashes in the same place.

Code:
Application: RConDevServer.Console.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException
Stack:
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(System.Reflection.AssemblyName, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(System.String, System.Security.Policy.Evidence, Byte[], System.Configuration.Assemblies.AssemblyHashAlgorithm, Boolean, Boolean, System.Threading.StackCrawlMark ByRef)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(System.String)
   at RConDevServer.Core.ProtocolLoader.LoadProtocols(System.String, RConDevServer.Protocol.Interface.IServiceLocator)
   at RConDevServer.Console.RConDevServerApplication..ctor()
   at RConDevServer.Console.Program.Main(System.String[])
So how about adding that try/catch and logging the FullName? Until we know which DLL is failing to load, we're shooting in the dark here.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:43 PM

vecchia is on a distinguished road
do you have the latest version of the net framework installed + the sql compact server 4?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 AM

macgyverx is on a distinguished road
Hey Papa,

get the latest build (#30) from teamcity: http://teamcity.codebetter.com/viewL...ldTypeId=bt751

It includes the requested try/catch block as well as a log output to log.txt in the application root directory.

Try it, and tell me your output.

MacX
Old 09-22-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecchia View Post
do you have the latest version of the net framework installed + the sql compact server 4?
sql compact server is not needed. I use SQLite, which is deployed within the release package
Old 09-22-2012, 12:52 PM

Okay, I tried build #30.

The good news is that the window opened!

The bad news is that NONE of the Protocol DLLs loaded! See attached log file.

They all have this error:

Code:
System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location 
which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. 
This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. 
If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. 
See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
So I checked the file properties and sure enough, every exe and dll was blocked, so I unblocked all of them. But it still fails with exactly the same error every time, so there's still something missing that it's trying to load from the web.

Could it have something to do with the fact that I'm running 64-bit Win7. Your exe and dlls are built for 32-bit, right? So even though I have .net 4.0 installed, maybe I don't have the 32-bit runtimes installed? That's also consistent with things working better if Visual Studio is installed, since it installs all the runtimes.

Here are my .net versions:

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, 4.0.30319
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended, 4.0.30319

What now? Should I just install the free version of Visual Studio?

BTW, you might want to put a try/catch in the Main function and pop up a dialog with the exception details. In case other things blow up, it will shorten up the debug cycle.
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (26.6 KB, 609 views)
Old 09-22-2012, 05:47 PM

vecchia is on a distinguished road
sorry I thought it was using SQL Server Compact. Anyway, I have Win 7 64bit too and it runs fine here with Visual Studio installed. Are you using the tool on a computer at work that could be part of a domain where you have some restrictions? I have also your versions of the .Net framework, plus I have a Multi-Targeting pack installed. I found also this on google
Old 09-24-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9 View Post
Okay, I tried build #30.
What now? Should I just install the free version of Visual Studio?
Hi Papa,

this is not necessary. As I can see in your delivered log.txt-File you start the application from an unc-path / a network share. .NET Framework generally expects all dlls loaded from a network location as bad ones.

Allthough the assemblies are located on your pc, by adressing the application via an UNC-Path it is handled as a network share.

Copy the assemblies to a folder on your local disk (i.e. c:\temp\bf3devserver\) and start it from there. (i.e. c:\temp\bf3devserver\RConDevServer.Console.exe). This should work fine!

MacX
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyverx View Post
Hi Papa,

this is not necessary. As I can see in your delivered log.txt-File you start the application from an unc-path / a network share. .NET Framework generally expects all dlls loaded from a network location as bad ones.

Allthough the assemblies are located on your pc, by adressing the application via an UNC-Path it is handled as a network share.

Copy the assemblies to a folder on your local disk (i.e. c:\temp\bf3devserver\) and start it from there. (i.e. c:\temp\bf3devserver\RConDevServer.Console.exe). This should work fine!

MacX
I assure you, I'm running it from my local disk. The UNC is a reference to a local path, not a network drive. In any case, I tried the copy you suggested, to c:\temp, and it still didn't work.

However ... going on the theory that something was missing from my .Net install, I uninstalled it, downloaded the standalone combo x86-x64 installer from Microsoft, and installed that. Then I did all the Windows Updates.

NOW IT WORKS! YAY!

So my problem is solved. If anyone else has the same problem, ask them to uninstall .Net and install with this instead:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=17718
Old 09-26-2012, 08:07 AM

Question

great. thanks for feedback
Old 09-27-2012, 11:33 AM

Okay, now that I got it working and had a chance to try it out, I have some requests. Do you want these filed in your issue tracking site?

The most critical feature I need for developing my plugin is all of the round events and all of the mapList commands related to ending a round to be handled automatically, rather than with scripts. In other words, I need a simulator that simulates the state transitions of a game server, from playing the round, to ending the round, to listing the players at the end of the round, to listing the scores at the end of the round, to loading the next level, to warmup (if any), to round start, etc. I could do some of this with manual scripts, but it's the timing between a command like restartRound and the resulting events that I need to test, and that's difficult to impossible with manual scripts. Yes, I could do this on a real server, but this plugin is about the interaction of a list of players and the round end/round begin -- think of autobalancing between rounds. To do this on a real server I need a bunch of players to just hang around and do nothing. That's why the test server is so appealing.

RCON events:

server.onLevelLoaded
server.onRoundOver
server.onRoundOverPlayers
server.onRoundOverTeamScores

Commands:

mapList.runNextRound
mapList.restartRound
mapList.endRound

Any chance you will be able to add these features? Otherwise, I will not be able to test my plugin.

-----------------
Some additional requests that are less important.

Question: is there a way to save all of the server setup? Particularly the list of players, which takes a lot of time to set up? Once I exit the program my settings don't seem to be remembered.

Question: is there a readme that lists all of the RCON commands that are implemented, or known issues about ones that are not implemented?

Bug: if I change Server Name (e.g, "Zombie Test"), the change is reflected correctly in serverInfo, but not in vars.serverName

Thanks so much for everything you've done!

Last edited by PapaCharlie9; 09-27-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Yes, of course. Put it into it. That's the reason and the function of an issue tracking. ;-)

Question 1: In the current source and with the next release, you will be able to save the player lists you set up. After restart they can be loaded.

Question 2: Nearly all commands should be available except punkbuster ones, because I have no real source / documentation on it.

Bug: I will transfer it into issue tracking and look into it.

Your Feature Request:
As every programmer will tell you, there's nothing that's impossible. You just have to find a way. As you mentioned the "Event Script" isn't the right place for such scenarios. I haven't got so much in depth knowledge about the implementation of the protocol (which event occurs in which order after which command), but if you can provide me with the input, there will be a way I think.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:56 AM

I will gather data this weekend. I'll capture server console logs from my game server under a number of round start and round over scenarios. That will help me in any case with my plugin and if it can help build a simulator, even better.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:35 PM

Just released a new version of the development server, but currently without the laetest requested features. these are targeted for v0.7 which will be available in about 2-3 weeks.

http://bf3devserver.codeplex.com/downloads/get/500038
Old 01-22-2013, 01:05 AM

Hey guys,

after some busy weeks I was now able to reaktivate some time concerning the RCon Development Server. Release v0.7 is now targeted for the end of January.

The project has moved to GitHub and is now available @ http://github.com/m4cx/rcondevserver

Do not hesitate to write your comments, issues and other stuff there. Of course you can still post it here.

MacX