Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum----Gallery----Guides----Downloads

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > BattleField > BattleField 3 > BF3 General Server Support

Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
feeblemedic is on a distinguished road
Can anyone explain how the built in "team balance" works?

Can anyone explain how the built in "team balance" works? I have heard that it has changed since the last patch, but I don't see anything about it.

Does it just even sides by # of players?
Does it skill balance each side?
Does it keep squads?

I always have it on, but I also have used procon plugins in the past such as "insane balancer" &/or "true balancer". But since the last patch it has not been the same. I'm currently using only "true balancer" for both the "scramble" function between rounds and for balancing player #'s during the round. Has the built in "team balancer" changed over the course of patches? is there any info on it?

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Downloads: 16
sgTsTuFz is on a distinguished road
All I know is that the built-in balancer does its thing at the beginning of the round, and it doesn't have any options such as the plugins that you and I are using.

I keep it simple, True Balancer and team scramble when the tickets are more than 150. Insane balancer doesn't keep squads intact, regardless of what it says it will do, it attempts to keep squads intact, if possible.

The plugins are for balancing during the round, after the beginning.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:25 PM

Downloads: 2
Master Shake is on a distinguished road
The built in balancer will overrun the other balancers in the end. I use the True Balancer for ingame and scramble features and insane balancer to keep clans and squads together. However once all that is done since I have true balancer set not to balance people after the tickets get too low if it was unbalanced at the end of the round the ingame balancer balances AGAIN after the plugins have their go at it. So even clan members on your whitelist aren't safe after all of the shuffling.

And we can't turn it off thanks to DICE's brilliant idea of making it mandatory to retain hardcore mode.