Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum----Gallery----Guides----Downloads

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 04-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Site Owner

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 118
rudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to beholdrudedog is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to rudedog
FarCry 3 Multiplayer video

This could be console footage, with all the screen text, and wide hit boxes (never seen so many shots near a enemy kill them)

While I would like more PC related info on this title (Multiplayer + Server) 2012 is going to be a year that devs and publishers are going to be fighting for the PC customer. Lots of interesting games coming out later this year.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2014 Games for Windows
Old 04-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
catar is on a distinguished road
Perks.lvl ups and "care packages" looks like COD + BF 3 with that knife kill animation . If I get it it's going to be for single player
Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Downloads: 0
David Champion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to David Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by catar View Post
Perks.lvl ups and "care packages" looks like COD + BF 3 with that knife kill animation . If I get it it's going to be for single player
I'll give it a whirl, but yes, you are correct.

"I can't remember how this got started, but I can tell you exactly how it will end."
Old 04-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Downloads: 0
Garrett2112 is on a distinguished road
Looks semi good & just a couple of thoughts.
  • No surprise - but seems like they're going after that COD $moolah$/run-n-gun gameplay here - but it does look a lil more fun than COD & it's small maps.
  • Loved the Far Cry 2 MP (was beautiful) - but one big problem it had IMO was too many snipers would just camp & pick off people (behind bushes, up high on mountains, and etc) - so hopefully that won't show up in FC3. But can see the sniper camping + getting lots-o-perks = sucky gameplay.
  • Also, the hit registration from the guns in FC2 seemed goofy (at least for me) and looks like it's much better in here (albiet it usually does from developer demos IMO) - so that will be good (if it proves out). Edit: but missed Rude's point on the wide hitboxes (and rewatched the vid) - so hopefully it doesn't end up going that way either.
  • If Barrel drops (or whatever perks) are too frequent - will suck IMO
Also agree on the Single Player - would be my number 1 reason to get it and a decent MP would be added bonus. I loved the Beauty and Exploration of Far Cry 2 - despite it semi-sucking gameplay/story wise IMO (especially the horrid ending...) - so hopefully FC3's story is better with a lot of places to explore.

Nice MP Video preview and check out the comment @ ~2:30 about an "In game Level Editor" being confirmed...

Last edited by Garrett2112; 04-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.