Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum----Gallery----Guides----Downloads

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > FPSadmin News > News

Old 03-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Garrett2112 is on a distinguished road
COD:MW3 Content Collection#1 News/Trailer

From a Gamershell.com Article
Quote:
Modern Warfare 3's Content Season continues in March 2012

A new trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #1 is now available showcasing the first of four Content Collections set to be released via Xbox LIVE on 20th March. MW3 Collection #1 includes four brand new multiplayer maps (Liberation, Piazza, Overwatch and Black Box) along with new Special Ops Missions Black Ice and Negotiator, marking the first time Special Ops has been made downloadable online in franchise history. Collection 1 is available now for Call of Duty Elite for Xbox 360 Premium members.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:00 PM

Downloads: 3
Tobi54 is on a distinguished road
"this collection really has something for everyone, it's fresh and exciting"

"Liberation: you can snipe and you can run and gun"

"Overwatch: you can snipe or you can run and run"

"Piazza: you can run and gun"

Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Just thought from a Marketing/DLC perspective that EA/DICE could learn a lil from these folks - especially if they want a piece of that mega revenue (especially with COD Close Quarters...lol) like they said they did.

IMO, they have that part of the Gaming Biz down pat - especially making billions by basically reselling the same game (IMO) over and over. But that being said - if EA/DICE had a similar agressive DLC campaign - I would most likely purchase a lot of it. But, now we have to wait until June - while COD will have ~ 5 packs by then..?

Was also thinking End Game showing up at the busiest time (right before XMAS 2012) might not be a good strategy - if in fact a lot of players are actually still playing BF3 (and get the DLC in autumn for that matter...) all that way out...
Old 03-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Forum Moderator

Downloads: 45
Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pendragon
Am I missing something here? Is this even coming to the PC version of the game? All that I have seen is XBox, no mention of PS3 and no mention of PC. I have no idea why anyone in the PC community should, or could get excited about this until we know it's coming for PC. It's all a bit like finding dog do on your door step!

Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM

Sorry Pen - as I don't have the game - guess I figured it would be delivered to the other platforms (seems like they have said it will - but no firm date) right behind the XBOX 360 release. Also like a dufus (sorry again..) didn't stay up to date on Elite and didn't know it still hadn't been delivered to PC Gamers - but found the Videogamer.com article below on that..

So please feel free to nuke this thread if you think it should be...
Quote:
Call of Duty Elite dev doesn't want to treat PC gamers like second-class citizens
NewsPosted 15/03/2012 - 5:00pm GMT

Beachhead still working on how best to get Call of Duty Elite for PC done.

Call of Duty Elite developer Beachhead Studio is sorry for not delivering the service alongside console versions, and insists that work continues to make it happen. "Unfortunately I don't have anything to announce today [about Elite on PC]," product director Noah Heller told VideoGamer.com earlier this week. "We're still working on it, it's a challenging problem. We need to ship a quality product for that community, we can't turn around and give them something that doesn't feel right. And so while I can't really tell you anything today, I'll tell you we're still looking at how best to get it done, we're still working on it, and we're still waiting to announce it."

He added: "I'm sorry, I know that's challenging to hear for a PC audience. But they should know that we don't want to treat them like a second-class citizen. It's the true answer."

PC Modern Warfare 3 players have yet to see any new maps and Activision hasn't said when the content will be made available - presumably maps will arrive bundled up as Content Collection 1 some point after the DLC set hits Xbox 360 on March 20.
Edit: thought I might have seen in the past in here that some folks play MW3 thru console though (could be wrong on that) - so thought I'd post it up in case they are & thus, want to get the pack...
Old 03-15-2012, 09:24 PM

Downloads: 1
steels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2112 View Post
Sorry Pen - as I don't have the game - guess I figured it would be delivered to the other platforms (seems like they have said it will - but no firm date) right behind the XBOX 360 release.
Ya from my understanding, the pc COD MW3 players have NOT gotten any DLC.

Activision could learn a lot from Dice/EA on how to take care of their pc crowd instead of their xbox kiddies.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Downloads: 6
MaydaX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by steels View Post
Activision could learn a lot from Dice/EA on how to take care of their pc crowd instead of their xbox kiddies.
Like offering 2-16 player, Close Quarters maps (More COD style than BF) in a game founded on large map vehicle warfare :P

I hate paid DLC but MW3 is delivering them on a more regular basis than BF3.

Recent cod games on PC acount for what 5% of the total sales vs the 60-65% for Xbox360 and 30-35% for PS3 (least that's what is floating around the net). From a business side I don't blame them for catering to Xbox360 but as a PC gamer it sucks ass.

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Forum Moderator

Downloads: 45
Pendragon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pendragon
How much of that terible 5% PC share is due to their own actions? Pushing the XBox platform so hard, disabling PC features and the like? I'm sure that if MW2 and now MW3 had be a fully functional as CoD:4 had been there would be loads of PC players.

The lack of clan support has killed off this game for the PC. If MW2 and now MW3 had the same feature set as CoD:4 I know our clan would be playing it, running servers and getting involved with competition, running custom maps, mods and the like. I can see how the XBox is a cash cow for them but the lack of revenue from the PC version is a direct response to the lack of PC relevant features.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
How much of that terible 5% PC share is due to their own actions? Pushing the XBox platform so hard, disabling PC features and the like?
No doubt it's their fault for releasing a true console port (no fov, no demo, no dedicated servers, etc) with MW2. IWNet could easily be called Xbox Live for PC. Why they did that I do not know. Maybe it was to save time, money, or have complete control like they do on consoles with playlists etc.

I did try MW2 when it came out and it was horrible for me. The low FOV gave me headaches, the 12-18 player limit was often boring and because of my location I always had a 120+ ping to the host (Can get 55 to New York) and had lots of lag plus "finding new host". If I wanted the console experience I'd buy it for my Xbox360. Once I heard MW3 was basically the same I passed on it and never looked back.

I guess PC users will be able to buy the collection pack sometime in April based on the 30 day exclusive to Xbox360 crap.

"I swear some rsps should be removed from the trusted provider program for plain stupidity with managing game servers."
Old 03-16-2012, 08:18 AM

Downloads: 3
Tobi54 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydaX View Post
Like offering 2-16 player, Close Quarters maps (More COD style than BF) in a game founded on large map vehicle warfare :P

Don't forget about B2K, that alone is more content than anything MW3 has delivered in terms of DLC for all platforms, not just one (even paying subscribers!), the only problem with it was the fact that it was released too soon after the game's release.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 AM

Downloads: 1
steels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these partssteels is infamous around these parts
Quote:
It might have been founded on large maps and vehicles, but the BF3 players are playing just as much close quarters inf only style as they are large maps. Look how many 24/7 metro servers are there. Actually there might be more players playing close quarters/inf only than large maps.

So I am glad that EA/Dice try to create DLC for ALL of their community.

Quote:
Really?? BF3 has released B2K. What has MW3 released on PC?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steels View Post
Really?? BF3 has released B2K. What has MW3 released on PC?
I'm referring to any DLC release so that applies to all platforms.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:14 PM

Frag is on a distinguished road
I love how everyone seems down on DICE/EA for not putting more content out sooner. Really? What happened to enjoying playing the stock game for more than a couple of months before whining "where's the new maps or weapons?" I know they brought it on themselves by announcing they were going to have an aggressive DLC program but for the love of god just play the game as it is...the dlc will get here when it gets here.