Game server admin's helping the community setup and maintain great dedicated game servers.
----Home----Submit News ----Forum----Gallery----Guides----Downloads

Go Back   FPSadmin.com > Call of Duty > Call of Duty 4 > CoD4 general discussion

Old 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Tally is on a distinguished road
[Release] Demon MW2 Mod COD4 1.6

DEMON MW2 MOD COD4

Mod Details
===========
Version: 1.6
Author: DemonSeed and Tally
Email: tally_man@hotmail.co.uk
Support Site: http://www.demon-mod.com

New This Release
----------------------

Having taken over the mod from it's creator - DemonSeed - there were plenty of bugs which needed fixing, and so I overhauled all the scripts to make sure they were all dealt with. But primarily, the new features this release are:

1. Counter UAV - this new killstreak adds the counter uav feature from both MW2 and Black Ops. Call it in, and the enemy radar mini map is entirely disabled. This is better than GPS jammer as it isn't limited by how far away the enemy is.

Demo Video of Counter UAV:

2. Carepacks - this is a feature DemonSeed tried to get to work a while back, but ran into problems with it. I completed it for him having overcome the "too many spawn entities" error he was getting.

Demo Video of Carepacks:

Carepacks are drop supplies. The idea is of course taken straight out of MW2, and now also Black Ops. Once awarded, you call in a supply drop by marking the location and waiting for the chopper to bring the supplies. The supplies consist of a randomised selection of all the killstreaks.

3. Gun Game - which is a new mod mode/gametype. COD: Black Ops is out now, and one of the Wager Match game modes is Gun Game. This is a gametype originally taken from a Counter Strike mod, but which also had a COD4 version of it made by a modder named Lepko. Lepko released the source code via the Openwarfare open source policy and it is now included in Demon mod.

Demo Video of Gun Game:

When using Gun Game, you have to set it as a mod mode as well as a gametype. Doing it this way facilitates the gametype so that you don't have to choose a class on entering a match.

4. Medic Perk - now only players with the medic perk drop health packs (if enabled) and can bandage other players (or themselves). This adds a tactical element to the gameplay, as you have to think more carefully about charging around getting your head shot off, knowing you can easily heal yourself with firstaid, or pick up a health pack from a dead enemy. If only those with the medic perk drop health packs or can heal, then you have to take more care.

5. Sub-rank system - this is the first outing for a new feature to demon mod: the mod now has a sub-rank system which can control how things are loaded out to players. In this release, it can control the way the dynamic perks are unlocked. Rather than all at once, you unlock the 3 dynamic perk menus layer by layer. This gives the player something to achieve rather than just get it all in one go without them working for it. This is dvar driven, and the admin sets how many kills the player has to make to get each layer unlocked. Or, you can decide to turn it off completely, and just have the dynamic perks like they were in previous releases.

Only those items you want unlocked are unlocked. Those you don't want, stay locked.

In subsequent releases of Demon mod, I will be adding more and more stuff to the sub-rank system.

Improvements/Tweaks:
---------------------------

a) With this release there are also new killstreak notification icons taken from MW2, and new voiceovers to go with them.

b) I have overhauled the tactical insertion perk so that you can't throw the flare out of the playable area of a map. I was aware this was a big problem with it. Now, it should be good to use.

I have also re-assigned the tactical insertion perk to go into actionslot 3, along with all the other inventory items. This saves on forcing a bind on a players settings.

Tactical insertion now also has a new grenade model and hissing sound when deployed.

c) I have re-coded the gametype Team Assault so that it only requires a custom map to support DOM gametype. This gets rid of the need for KOTH to also be supported by the custom map, and far far more custom maps support just DOM and not KOTH than they do both at the same time.

d) I have renamed Spawn Protection to Painkiller, to reflect the mod's MW2 emulation, and given it the MW2 painkiller icon.

e) I have also added the ability to add camouflage to weapons in Forceweapon mode.

f) I have tweaked the healthbar so that now it glows when you're damaged. The code to do this was still in the game left over from COD2, and all you have to do is set the shaders in hud.menu and activate the bar via dvar. I did it this way for Demon mod for COD2, and noticed that Openwarefare had already done it for COD4.

g) I have completely overhauled the way the killstreak system works. Your players won't notice any difference, but from a technical point of view, I have invented a new way to deliver the killstreaks which saves having to use a separate weapon for each killstreak. This ate into the maximum amount of weapons the mod can have, and frees up that max limit so that I can add more killsteaks in subsequent mod releases. I am already working on harriers and the big daddy of killsteaks - the AC130 gun ship (since everyone wants it in the mod). These will be included in the next release.

Items Added:
-----------------
* added counteruav killstreak
* added carepacks killstreak
* added Gun Game gametype/ mod mode
* added sub-rank system
* added voiceovers to the new killstreaks
* added new killsteak icon notifictions
* added a life timer to sentry guns for 60 seconds after it is deployed
* added a 10 second penalty to sentry gun life timer every time it is moved
* added a killstreak handler if sentry gun is picked up, you don't loose it
* added new icon for firstaid kits
* added new healthbar which now glows when you're damaged
* added camouflage dvar to forceweapons

Items Removed:
--------------------
*removed thermal scopes - they were taking up too many valuable weapon files and the finished effect wasn't that good so wasn't considered worth it.

Bug Fixes:
-------------
* fixed a bug in random maprotation which would return a runtime error
* fixed a bug in normal maprotation which would return a runtime error
* fixed a bug in painkiller (spawnprotection) where the protected headicon didn't show
* fixed a bug in forceweapons where the headicons didn't show correctly
* fixed a bug in forceweapons where some of the perks didn't work properly
* fixed a bug in forceweapons where the grenade launcher actionslot didn't work correctly
* fixed a bug in scavenger where forceweapon reloads didn't work properly
* fixed a bug in retrieval gametype where some shaders didn't accurately reflect the objective status
* fixed a bug in painkiller (spawnprotection) where the timer still worked with end protection on weapon use
* fixed a bug in CTF gametype where you didn't earn a bonus for killing an enemy near the flag carrier

Full List of Features
--------------------------

Here is a full list of the Demon Mod features:

• 7 custom classes
• 4 weapon models taken from MW2
• 4 new perks - hardline, scavenger, cold blooded, and medic
• 4 new killstreaks added - counteruav, carepackages, sentry gun, and littlebird helicopter attack ship
• weapon loadout by faction (team)
• dvar to turn off claymore lasers
• dvar to turn off claymore team indicators
• gametype "retrieval"
• gametype "gun game"
• gametype "team assault"
• team status HUD - shows how many alive or dead players
• ranking enabled for all mod modes
• prestige ranking enabled for all mod modes
• long range sniper weapons
• sniper zoom
• no sway sniper rifles
• dynamic perks
• dynamic attachments
• killstreak (hardpoint) limiter
• Guided Stinger Missiles (perk)
• tactical insertion perk - plant a tactical spawn point
• server info menu (can be turned off)
• anti-lag handler
• anti-gravity dvar
• force autoassign
• death icon handler
• hardcore persistent minimap option
• readyup period - prepare for battle!
• hit icon handler
• drop weapons handling (fully configurable)
• drop inventory items and swap them out for other items
• server messages
• welcome messages
• server logo: text and shader
• blackscreen on death
• bloody screen
• bullet screen on hit
• body fly on explosive damage
• view shift on hit
• drop weapon on hit (different locations)
• anti-camper
• anti-bunny hopper, and anti-jump shoot
• dead body handling
• spawn protection
• health bar
• health packs (if stock health regen isn’t used)
• bleeding out
• firstaid packs
• map turret handling
• end of map voting system
• map rotation handling
• weapon pools
• c4 and claymore disarming
• laserdot crosshairs
• crosshairs handling
• enemy crosshairs handling
• rank and crosshair names handling

Download
========

DOWNLOAD DEMON MW2 MOD COD4 1.6
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Downloads: 0
stormchaser206 is on a distinguished road
How do you play with bots with Demon mod

How do you play with bots on this mod? I cant figure it out. Please help me.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Downloads: 11
zeroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormchaser206 View Post
How do you play with bots on this mod? I cant figure it out. Please help me.
I'd recommend you visit Mr.T site as he is banned here:

http://www.demon-mod.com/