PDA

View Full Version : Wrong IP listed by Gamespy

goblue182
12-06-2003, 02:15 PM
Hi. I recently rented and MOHAA server and set it to list on gamespy. Unfortuantely, gamespy reads the wrong ip for my server. When i right click on it, to view name and ip the ip is wrong. It reads 66.252.24.5 when actually it is supposed to be 66.252.24.2. Because of this, people who try to play on my server using gamespy automatically timeout since there is no game running on the ip gamespy has them connect to. Pleases let me know if there's anything i can do on my end to fix this other than contacting gamespy. Thanks.

GaSplat
12-07-2003, 01:36 AM
If you are sure you have the right IP, try setting net_ip in your start up command ( +set net_ip 66.252.24.2).

goblue182
12-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks for replying quickly. I'm an ubernoob, what's the startup command?

GaSplat
12-07-2003, 12:53 PM
Its how youstart the game. Some folks use a batch file, others use the desktop shortcut. After the name of the program file, you add some commands to get things running (like +exec server.cfg to load your config file named server.cfg).

goblue182
12-07-2003, 01:05 PM
ok thanks, but will that change the settings for everyone or just me? i can get in fine without gamespy. i need some pubbers on my server.

GaSplat
12-08-2003, 10:24 PM
I mean to do it on the start up for the server. You can also put it in the start up script, but I usually have more luck using the the actual short cut for the server program.
If this is a hosted server, you may need the host to check and see what they are doing. They may have copied your script from another server without updating the IP, causing your game to report the wrong IP. (the game will try to use the IP you give it, but if it fails to get that, it will use whatever IP the Operating System is set to use)

Don't do it on your client. Might not do anything, but it definitely won't help.