PDA

View Full Version : sv_maxclients not taking?

sphinx175
11-03-2003, 11:14 PM
I have been goofing with the server commands some more and have a question.

when I start up my server I use the following command line.

CoDMp.exe +set dedicated 2 +set com_hunkMegs 128 +set vm_game 0 +exec serversetup.cfg +map_rotate

In that serversetup.cfg file is a setting for max client number.
set sv_maxclients "32"

However, when the server starts it demands I restart the server to make that change take effect.

I've tried seta and set on it to no avail. This seems odd. Shouldn't the game be reading my config file before launching and loading the map to prevent a reload? There's also the very real possibility I'm not doing something right.

It seems the game may read my config but anything in the config_mp file overrides whatever I have since I have to restart the server then rotate the map for the changes to kick in.

Tighten
11-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Use seta instead of set in the config.

seta sv_maxclients "#"

When you use seta it writes to the config_mp.cfg and saves the values.

Or, you can add the parameters in the command line > +set sv_maxclients "#"

So make the changes, start the server and if by chance it did not pick it up, /rcon exec yourserver.cfg and all should be fine.

HankScorpio
11-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Setting sv_maxclients will always generate the ...will be changed upon restarting. message regardless whether the server is actually running or not and it isn't really running until a map is loaded which is the last thing you do in your config file. So, as long as you set sv_maxclients before loading a map then rest assured it's being set correctly.

sphinx175
11-04-2003, 08:32 AM
I'm sorry. I must be missing something then.

I have tried set and seta for sv_maxclients variable and the client total count is always the old number. Only after going into the config_mp and manually changing it there did the changes take hold.

sphinx175
11-04-2003, 08:40 AM
Nevermind.
I'm an idiot. I have sv_maxclients in two places in the config.

Noob!

:x( 8-)