PDA

View Full Version : Alpha Footage Leaked

Tobi54
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Removed

zeroy
07-20-2011, 06:01 PM
I give those an hour or two.. some already gone. What a pack of douchebags to be breaking NDA like this.

What i really dont understand is what was EA/DICE thinking in handing an alpha build to random players? It makes no sense at all :confused:

IndianScout
07-20-2011, 06:12 PM
all of these video's and screen shots are covered under NDA and you are in violation for posting them,

I'd be for removing them before dice see's them and you loose all access for this forum and admin team..

NOTE,.

I'm not trying to say those are your video's, but posting NDA material is still the same,

thanks

Indian

zeroy
07-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm not trying to say those are your video's, but posting NDA material is still the same

It actually isnt the same at all. Tobi never agreed to any NDA therefore he isnt in breach. But yes, out of respect for DICE, might be best to remove.

Tobi54
07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
all of these video's and screen shots are covered under NDA and you are in violation for posting them,

I'd be for removing them before dice see's them and you loose all access for this forum and admin team..

NOTE,.

I'm not trying to say those are your video's, but posting NDA material is still the same,

thanks

Indian

It actually isnt the same at all. Tobi never agreed to any NDA therefore he isnt in breach. But yes, out of respect for DICE, might be best to remove.

This.

I'm not part of the alpha stress test, I didn't agree to any NDA, and I won't be getting banned from this forum for posting stuff I didn't leak. I don't know how much respect removing the links to the videos will show DICE anyway, hunting these down at this point is going to be next to impossible, but I'll do that anyway.

Tobi54
07-20-2011, 07:19 PM
I give those an hour or two.. some already gone. What a pack of douchebags to be breaking NDA like this.

What i really dont understand is what was EA/DICE thinking in handing an alpha build to random players? It makes no sense at all :confused:

What were they really expecting to happen? Yes the leak sucks for them, but on the positive side they are actually doing live stress tests way ahead of time, which is encouraging. The only problem I see with this, is the map they have choosen to do it with, Rush-infantry with 32 players... I'm hoping that for the beta they release a 64 player conquest map to really see how the servers handle the game at full load.

Tobi54
07-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh noes, looks like Kotaku is also posting videos covered by the NDA and is in violation for posting them, they'll surely lose all access to this forum after DICE sees them...

http://kotaku.com/5823224/heres-some-leaked-footage-of-battlefield-3-in-action/gallery/

Wolverine
07-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh noes, looks like Kotaku is also posting videos covered by the NDA and is in violation for posting them, they'll surely lose all access to this forum after DICE sees them...

http://kotaku.com/5823224/heres-some-leaked-footage-of-battlefield-3-in-action/gallery/

I think you misunderstood his point.

What he is saying is that if FPSAdmin allows stuff like that to be posted it might harm any relationship between Rudedog/FPS and DICE.

Not that there are a bunch of perks in place (that I am aware of) mind you, but there are DICE folks who frequent this forum and some (Kalms) are even helpful and post.

Hopefully that makes it a little more clear, and who knows, maybe I am wrong too. :salute:

Tobi54
07-21-2011, 06:20 AM
I can see that, and I agree. I may have gone a little overboard with the sarcasm, I just didn't like being warned of a possible ban by someone with a 2-post count that is neither a mod or an admin, especially when people are getting called out for playing backseat moderators on other threads, either way I probably did overeact a bit.

Neil
07-21-2011, 08:06 AM
I think you misunderstood his point.

What he is saying is that if FPSAdmin allows stuff like that to be posted it might harm any relationship between Rudedog/FPS and DICE.

Not that there are a bunch of perks in place (that I am aware of) mind you, but there are DICE folks who frequent this forum and some (Kalms) are even helpful and post.

Hopefully that makes it a little more clear, and who knows, maybe I am wrong too. :salute:

Agreed.