PDA

View Full Version : Fix: Black Screens - System Crashes

MoGElijah
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
I posted this at callofduty.com but it was completely ignored due to the massive number of spam posting happening there. I hope this helps someone. It has worked for us:

We have found the beta is overwriting system installed audio drivers. To fix our black screens and system crashes (especially in Vista 64 bit) uninstall your audio driver. Reboot. Install the exact same driver and the beta works fine. No crashes, no black screens.

Recommend finding your audio driver from your manufacturer and have it on your desktop after deleting your audio driver and rebooting.

To uninstall your audio driver right click on My Computer, Click Manage, click Device Manager. Next, expand the (+) symbol next to Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on your audio device. Select Uninstall. Vista has a check box asking if you want to delete the driver software for this device. Check it. When finished reboot and install the driver providing you with a clean driver installation of your audio driver.

This has worked for many of us and hope it provides a solution for some of you.

Solice
10-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Posted this over there again with the hopes it'll help cut down on the spam of 20 topics for the same thing in 2 minutes.

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=42676

RyeRye
10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I added you on MSN. As I need some assistance.