PDA

View Full Version : Husband and wife using same copy

{7thFD}Cyclone
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
A guy and his wife in my clan cannot connect to our server (or any other server for that matter) at the same time, using the same copy of the game. They can play on different servers at the same time, but not the same server.

My wife and I have no problem playing on our server together, at the same time with the same copy of the game.

Anyone have any ideas? :confused: Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Plasma
11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
PB_SV_GUIDRelax 4

Crazy56
11-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Actually make sure you have it like this:

set PB_SV_GUIDRelax 4

or

set PB_SV_GUIDRelax "4"

or

seta PB_SV_GUIDRelax 4

or seta PB_SV_GUIDRelax "4"

Personally I would use the quotes, just to be on the safe side of things lol.

MajorWoody
11-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Actually, Crazy56 is wrong ;)

To clarify what Plamsa said (which was correct), make sure you have that setting in your pbsv.cfg file which resides in the /pb folder on your server. If that file does not exist, issue this command via rcon to create it:

/rcon pb_sv_writecfg

{7thFD}Cyclone
11-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I created pbsv.cfg and added PB_SV_GUIDRelax 4. I am not sure if it worked or not since the guy with the problem wasn't online when I did it. I will let you know either way if it fixes it or not.

This leads me to my next question. If the guidrelax was indeed the problem, than why can my wife and I be on the same server at the same time with the same guid, and at the exact same time, my friend and his wife can't be on the server together?

Thanks for the fast reply guys!

MajorWoody
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Make sure you restart the server (or just PB with /rcon pb_sv_restart) after any changes to your pbsv.cfg file.

Try setting it to "pb_sv_guidrelax 7", which is the least restrictive. See if they can get on. If that works, drop the number down until you get a setting that works. Honestly, 4 should work fine.

By chance is your server at your house and you and your wife are local to it?

{7thFD}Cyclone
11-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks for your reply.

You know, I never thought to restart PB.....duh! I will try that now.

The server is a rental, so in theory, they are in the same boat as we are. That is what is so confusing to me.

I'll get back to this thread with the result.