PDA

View Full Version : Airborne server ?more info anyone

TSI_Destroyer_NL
08-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know more about the dedicated server that comes whit Airborne?

iv been reading lots of forums and all i know is this and as a serveradmin this is the info i we need.

- Dedicated server at launch of the game but have to load up the whole game proxy 8 gigs
- 12/16 players support iv read on other forums 20/24 players for PC maybe
- Pb out of the box whit hooks on DMW
- 6 maps
- 3 gametypes
- Ranked unranked (for pc its known that admins can turn all the weapon upgrades on or off No stats program kept by EA or by themselfes<<<<but does this mean that the ranking software is already in the game? or does it mean that we cant run the ranking software when it comes out? or does it mean that we cant run a server stats program ourselfs like vsp stats or moh stats on moh airborne lol im confused.

- i did read somewhere that you have to create a EA acount in order to play Aiborne MP (to me this is an indication that sooner or later maybe in patches the ranking system is going to be activated )

What bothers me on this is for example the servers that are up and running from day one are basicly unranked servers ao what is going to happen to those servers when the first patch comes whit the ranking system?

i know only time will tel i was just wondering if there is some info about the serverside out there that iv missed.

rudedog
08-28-2007, 01:34 PM
- Dedicated server at launch of the game but have to load up the whole game proxy 8 gigs - correct
- 12/16 players support iv read on other forums - 16 players is correct
- Pb out of the box whit hooks on DMW - correct on both PB and DMW
- 6 maps - correct
- 3 gametypes - correct however obj is more like cap the flag
- Ranked unranked (for pc its known that admins can turn all the weapon upgrades on or off No stats program kept by EA or by themselves<<<<but does this mean that the ranking software is already in the game? or does it mean that we cant run the ranking software when it comes out? or does it mean that we cant run a server stats program ourselves like vsp stats or moh stats on moh airborne lol im confused. - as of right now, this will more likely come in the form of a patch. You have to realize that EA is still working on the dedicated server side of things, so there was no way for them to run ranked servers... Also note that ranked servers are not like BF2 ranked. I keep saying don't call it ranked unless you want the BF2 correlation that everyone is putting on MOHA ranked servers.

- i did read somewhere that you have to create a EA acount in order to play Aiborne MP (to me this is an indication that sooner or later maybe in patches the ranking system is going to be activated ) - yes this is true, but also remember that you where required to have an ea account for PA and it did not have stats

What bothers me on this is for example the servers that are up and running from day one are basicly unranked servers ao what is going to happen to those servers when the first patch comes whit the ranking system? - hopefully this will come as a simply patch, again EA keeps saying that MOHA ranked servers are not like BF ranked servers.

i know only time will tel i was just wondering if there is some info about the server side out there that iv missed.

Unfortunately we are in the dark with any updated info on dedicated servers and will have to wait until the game ships, hence my recommendation to wait until the game ships and it's first patch before purchasing.

TSI_Destroyer_NL
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the reply i see know that im up to date

necrodoggy
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
16 players? That's the info for Console correct? I haven't heard anything yet about PC numbers. EA is still being soooo secretive about the requirements of the MP game.....pretty scary since it's supposed to release in a week. You'd think a week out they would have nailed things down a bit more.

bullet-worm
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
16 is all EA has officially talked about. I still think they can do a lot more than that.

In fact, I wonder if the real hold-back on more players has more to do with built-in database sizes that would need to be expanded upon rather than simple bandwidth/CPU/memory issues.

I guess we will know the answer pretty soon! If we see our dedicates running with 16 players and they are somewhat lightly loaded, then it could not have been those that were the limiting factor.

worm

rudedog
08-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I really hope it's not an EA db issue, because that would really be ...... let's just say bad.

OldDog
08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
In fact, I wonder if the real hold-back on more players has more to do with built-in database sizes that would need to be expanded upon rather than simple bandwidth/CPU/memory issues.

Worm,

You heard an hard info on this? The Unreal engine has a pretty flexible database structure (as I recall).

Pendragon
08-29-2007, 10:32 AM
There are several issues with running a MoH:A server I can see. The biggest is having to have the whole game installed on the server... I simply do not understand why this is nessaccery.

1, Can some one please explain why EA would require the full game to be installed on a server?

2, Dose the game need installing or just have the game files present in the correct folders? The reason I ask if that our dedi-box is below the minimum spec. It should run a dedi-server but would never play the full game as it doesn't have 3d graphics.

3 There is no DVD drive so if it requires the disk to be present to start we would have to run some type of virtual drive and mount an image of the DVD.

4, Do we need to purchase a full copy of the game just for the server?

5, If the game files have to be uploaded then do they all need to be the complete files or could some just be empty. In other words could the files needed to run the server be uploaded but the ones that are not needed be stripped out to reduce the amount.

I'm sorry if this is all normal to the server admins that are used to this type of thing but I have always admin'ed games that just require server software, not the full game. (Most recently BF:2) The prospect of uploading a couple of DVD's worth up to our dedi-box fills me with dread.

bullet-worm
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Nope, I haven't heard anything at all on it. I am just making an educated guess based on:

1. We know what the approximate thresh hold is for this style of FPS MP game (i.e. FPS without a lot of physics/vehicles). 16 is WAY low for what this game is doing technically. Yes, there are the airdrops, which could possibly add a little load, but that wouldn't be enough of a reason to cause THIS drastic of a drop from what is already possible.

2. We know that the game was originally built around EA having to collect (and store) player data, and receive player data from servers on a regular basis. This being the whole initial 'ranked' weapon upgrade approach that has been (possibly temporarily) put on the back-burner for the PC dedicated servers.

This information specific to each player has to be stored somewhere until it is ready to be transmitted.

Not only does that involve the formatting for the database on the server end, but it also involves the size of the data transfer from a server to EA's data collection servers.

3. Then there are also in-game uses for a database. The end-of-map screen contains awards for many items that the game has to keep track of. If I remember right, it even had an award for accuracy.

The only other issue I can see is the end-of-map screen layout itself. Maybe it is only suitable for 16 players without having to be completely redesigned?

In any event, I just don't see this being a CPU/bandwidth/memory-bound issue because a LISTEN server is supposed to be able to handle 12 clients WHILE:

1. the CPU and memory is being used to run the server AND to actually PLAY the game as a client. The dedicated server alone does not have to render all that client stuff like graphics (and all the textures associated with it) or sound.
2. the bandwidth available to the typical home-user is peanuts compared to the bandwidth available to a dedicated server at a datacenter.

So my theory is that either A) They got EXTREMELY sloppy with the networking code or B) something else happening behind the scenes that is preventing a 'simple' transition to a higher player count. Something that involves a lot more than simply raising a variable. For some reason I doubt the first one, despite EA's networking performance on previous MoH games.

worm

bullet-worm
08-29-2007, 01:36 PM
There are several issues with running a MoH:A server I can see. The biggest is having to have the whole game installed on the server... I simply do not understand why this is nessaccery.

1, Can some one please explain why EA would require the full game to be installed on a server?

2, Dose the game need installing or just have the game files present in the correct folders? The reason I ask if that our dedi-box is below the minimum spec. It should run a dedi-server but would never play the full game as it doesn't have 3d graphics.

3 There is no DVD drive so if it requires the disk to be present to start we would have to run some type of virtual drive and mount an image of the DVD.

4, Do we need to purchase a full copy of the game just for the server?

5, If the game files have to be uploaded then do they all need to be the complete files or could some just be empty. In other words could the files needed to run the server be uploaded but the ones that are not needed be stripped out to reduce the amount.

I'm sorry if this is all normal to the server admins that are used to this type of thing but I have always admin'ed games that just require server software, not the full game. (Most recently BF:2) The prospect of uploading a couple of DVD's worth up to our dedi-box fills me with dread.

As of right now, the only thing I can confirm is this:

1. The game SUPPOSEDLY requires all of the game files to be present on the Dedicated Machine.

2. EALA is AWARE that we would all like to know if there are any larger files that we do not have to upload.

3. EALA is AWARE that the game will not be INSTALLED (as in, through the game's installer with all applicable registry entries et al.) on the Dedicated Machine.

Your question number 4 is interesting though... I will have to ask about that.

worm

*GI*OVERLORD
08-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I pre-ordered a 12 player server from AoWC the other day. They know nothing or won't say anything. They are however selling pre-orders of servers up to 32 players. Anything to make a buck I guess........:rolleyes:

rudedog
08-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Overlord, do you have a price for their 12 and 32 player servers?

*GI*OVERLORD
08-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Here you go :D

Player Limit
8 Max Player Slots $23.92 Monthly
10 Max Player Slots $29.90 Monthly
12 Max Player Slots $35.88 Monthly
14 Max Player Slots $41.86 Monthly
16 Max Player Slots $47.84 Monthly
18 Max Player Slots $53.82 Monthly
20 Max Player Slots $59.80 Monthly
22 Max Player Slots $65.78 Monthly
24 Max Player Slots $71.76 Monthly
26 Max Player Slots $77.74 Monthly
28 Max Player Slots $83.72 Monthly
30 Max Player Slots $89.70 Monthly
32 Max Player Slots $95.68 Monthly

http://www.artofwarcentral.com/main.asp?page=gp&view=172

By the way, great informative website Rudedog.

TSI_Destroyer_NL
08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
these are the prices of the biggest game server provider in the Benelux i also rent here but for my clan im renting a dedicated machine and we are able as a clan if Airborne becomes ranked to rent a loose game server thats why i called them today fro a preorder.

My GSP info
http://www.i3d.net/gamehosting-pricing.php?

Pricing
In the following overview you will find the pricing of our gameservers. For every game we handle the same pricing, however, there are some exceptions (see bottom page). Those games have a little extra fee for the high demands these games set to the servers and internet connection.

Private Public
2 gameslots 4,90 euro 6,90 euro
4 gameslots 6,90 euro 8,90 euro
8 gameslots 8,90 euro 12,90 euro
10 gameslots 10,90 euro 16,90 euro
12 gameslots 12,90 euro 18,90 euro
14 gameslots 14,90 euro 22,90 euro
16 gameslots 16,90 euro 24,90 euro
18 gameslots 18,90 euro 30,90 euro
20 gameslots 20,90 euro 35,90 euro
24 gameslots 24,90 euro 42,90 euro
26 gameslots 26,90 euro 46,90 euro
32 gameslots 32,90 euro 54,90 euro
36 gameslots 36,90 euro 64,90 euro
40 gameslots 40,90 euro 74,90 euro
48 gameslots 48,90 euro 94,90 euro
50 gameslots 50,90 euro 99,90 euro
64 gameslots 64,90 euro 124,90 euro
128 gameslots 128,90 euro 395,90 euro

* Prices with VAT included
* Prices are per month per gameserver
* Minimal contract term is 1 month
* Setupcharges are one time only: € 6,50
* Payment through bank wiretransfer, credit card or Paypal
* Your server will be up and running 4 hours after your payment has been received, 7 days week

Addtional fees

In the following overview you will find the extra fees as they currently are per game per month. The named games know a small additional fee for the high demands these games set to the servers and internet connection.
If the game isn't listed, the game is offered without charge of additional fee.

# America's Army Honor - 40 euro
# Armed Assault - 25 euro
# BattleField 1942 - 10 euro
# BattleField 1942: Desert Combat - 10 euro
# BattleField 1942: Forgotten Hope - 10 euro
# BattleField 1942: Road to Rome - 10 euro
# BattleField 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII - 10 euro
# BattleField 2 Non-ranked - 15 euro
# BattleField 2 Official Ranked - 25 euro
# BattleField 2 Official Ranked with Battlerecorder - 35 euro
# BattleField 2142 Non-ranked - 15 euro
# BattleField 2142 Official Ranked - 25 euro
# BattleField 2142 Official Ranked with Battlerecorder - 35 euro
# BattleField 2: Armored Fury Non-Ranked - 15 euro
# BattleField 2: Armored Fury Official Ranked - 25 euro
# BattleField 2: COOP Unranked - 25 euro
# BattleField 2: Desert Conflict - 15 euro
# BattleField 2: Euro Forces Non-Ranked - 15 euro
# BattleField 2: Euro Forces Official Ranked - 25 euro
# BattleField 2: Point of Existence 2 - 15 euro
# BattleField 2: Special Forces Non-Ranked - 15 euro
# BattleField 2: Special Forces Official Ranked - 25 euro
# BattleField Vietnam - 10 euro
# C&C: Renegade - 5 euro
# CounterStrike 1.6 (Boosted) - 10 euro
# CounterStrike 1.6 (Ultra Boosted) - 15 euro
# CounterStrike 1.6 PREMIUM - 25 euro
# CounterStrike: Condition Zero (Boosted) - 10 euro
# CounterStrike: Condition Zero (Ultra Boosted) - 15 euro
# CounterStrike: Source (Boosted) - 10 euro
# CounterStrike: Source (Ultra Boosted) - 15 euro
# CounterStrike: Source PREMIUM - 25 euro
# Crysis (Pre-order) - 25 euro
# Day of Defeat Source PREMIUM - 25 euro
# Enemy Territory: Etadmin - 5 euro
# Farcry - 10 euro
# Half-Life 2: Deathmatch - 10 euro
# Half-Life 2: Sands of War - 10 euro
# Half-Life: Sands of War - 10 euro
# HALO - 5 euro
# Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault - 10 euro
# Prey - 5 euro
# Quake 4 - 5 euro
# Quake Wars (Pre-order) - 30 euro
# Quake Wars DEMO - 30 euro
# Quake Wars Unranked (Beta2 available NOW) - 25 euro
# Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - 10 euro
# S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - 10 euro
# Soldner: Secret Wars - 15 euro
# Unreal 2: XMP - 5 euro
# Unreal Tournament 2003 - 5 euro
# Unreal Tournament 2004 - 5 euro
# Unreal Tournament 3 (UT 2007) - 15 euro
# Vietcong - 5 euro

As you can see Airborne is not in the list of games that require an extra Fee so after a phonecal to my GSP i asked if when preordering airborne i have to pay an extra fee and if the above prices are also valid for Airborne.

The awnser was if i preorder a Airborne server know i dont have to pay an extra fee but if i order when the game comes out then a extra fee have to be paid my GSP could not specify the amount wil be after the release of moh airborne.

also when i asked how many playerslots can i preorder is there are restriction of slots i mean we al read 12/16 player support.

The awnser i got you can preorder Airborne just like any game so basicly from 2 till 128 slots the guy from my GSP awnserd.

rudedog
08-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks for posting those guys :salute:

rudedog
08-30-2007, 03:16 PM
very cool Wizz, thanks for the heads up

InfinityDevils
09-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Wolf Servers will have dedicated servers for MoH:Airborne too according to GIJoe one of the head admins there.

GiJoe
Administrator

So it looks like we will not be hosting dedicated servers until this comes out. We simply don't have the video cards needed to run this in servers.

We will do our very best to get them setup in the GCP as soon as it is available...

To head off any questions on price we expect to be able to rent them at $2.00 a slot.

http://wolfservers.com/portal/showthread.php?t=2708

My team currently uses Wolf Servers for our BF2142 Ranked servers needs

robert
09-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't put too much value to the prices / max. number of slots GSP's publish on their websites. For many people (GSP's included) it is very unclear what is going to happen with the multiplayer version of MoH:A. You can't blame them to treat the game as every other popular multiplayer game (which MoH:A with its current development is obviously not).

We will also offer MoH:A gameservers. However we do not publish prices, pre-orders etc. until we have got our hands on the dedicated server software.

<MAD>Jackson
09-10-2007, 05:46 PM
hi all
i was checking the list of game servers tonight and there was a dedicated server in there running 24 slots but i couldnt join it as it was saying that it was a different game version to mine

MacBooom
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
sounds promising, but we still have to wait and see what we will get.

until then, :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SmokinMr2
09-15-2007, 10:51 AM
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=281468&tstart=0

BH posted some more info.
Probably should all be in one thread. Left me with more questions than answers :(

MacBooom
09-16-2007, 05:36 AM
yes did read that post, i'm also confused, so one more week to see what is really coming, linux has to come but have a bad feeling about it atm.

The_Comfy_Chair
09-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Server Nazi says : NO Server for you! Come back; one franchise! :hand:

Server info update thread...
http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13174

Same info at EA posted by Blackhat. ..
http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=281468&tstart=0

The_Comfy_Chair
09-18-2007, 03:43 PM
yes did read that post, i'm also confused, so one more week to see what is really coming, linux has to come but have a bad feeling about it atm.

Check out the threads on EA.com... some more comments on the Linux question along with the dedicated server info update posted in the news section by Rude...

"Re: The future of Medal of Honor Airborne !
Posted:Sep 18, 2007 6:53 PM in response to: rudedog1968 (EA... Reply Alert

> One more question, where do we stand on the Linux
> bins Whiskey said was in the pipeline?

I don't want to promise anything before it's for sure (that's gotten me in enough trouble with you guys), but they're being worked on, and very well. I'm hoping that they'll be released the same time as the patch and ded server, but until I get the for-sure word, I can't promise that. It'll be close, near as I can tell right now. "

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=282920&start=30&tstart=0

grego34
09-21-2007, 07:00 PM
is there a list of Console commands for multi player? Not seen any yet.. i figured they would have been out by now..

rudedog
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Not until they release the actual ded. server.

damned303
09-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Here is the readme for the dedicated server file with a list of the server commands.

Medal Of Honor Airborne™ Dedicated Server
Readme File
Version 1.1
August 2007

This document contains information about setting up and running the
Medal Of Honor Airborne Dedicated Server as well as information about
administrating it remotely.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. System Requirements
II. Local Server Setup
III. Remote Server Setup
IV. Running The Server
V. Administrating Remotely
VI. Server Commands
VII. Credits

I. System Requirements
==========================================

The following items are required to run a Medal Of Honor Airborne
dedicated server:

1. A broadband Internet connection or LAN connection.
2. A system that meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements
for the game.
3. The game successfully installed on the target computer.

II. Local Server Setup
==========================================

To set up a server locally or remotely using VNC, follow these steps:

1. Run the dedicated server launcher (DSLauncher.exe)
2. In the 'Basic' tab, enter the username and password you registered
with EA. (If you have not created an account: run the game, in the
main menu choose 'Multiplayer', and click 'Create Account').
3. In the 'Miscellaneous' tab, enter the port you wish to run your
server on as well as the password to administrate it remotely.
4. In the 'Map Rotation' tab, add at least one map to your rotation
by selecting the map name and pressing the 'Add' button.
5. Configure any other options you wish to set.
6. Save your config file using File>Save to the default MOHA config
folder: "My DocumentsEA GamesMedal of Honor Airborne(tm)Config".

You can open and save multiple dedicated server configurations. The
configuration that is currently open is the one that will be
launched.

NOTE: The first time you run the launcher, it should generate two
config files: MOHAGameTypes.ini and MOHAMaps.ini in the MOHA config
folder. These files are necessary for the dedicated server to run
properly and should only be modified by advanced users.

III. Remote Server Setup
=========================================

T o set up a server remotely (where you do not have physical access to
the computer or VNC), follow these steps:

1. Run the dedicated server launcher (DSLauncher. exe) locally.
2. In the 'Basic' tab, enter the username and password you registered
with EA. (If you have not created an account: run the game, in the
main menu choose 'Multiplayer', and click 'Create Account').
3. In the 'Miscellaneous' tab, enter the port you wish to run your
server on as well as the password to administrate it remotely.
4. In the 'Map Rotation' tab, add at least one map to your rotation
by selecting the map name and pressing the 'Add' button.
5. Configure any other options you wish to set.
6. Save your config file using File>Save.
7. Copy your saved config file (MOHADedicatedServer.ini by default),
MOHAGameTypes.ini and MOHAMaps.ini (which can be found in your
MOHA config folder) to the target computer's MOHA config folder:
"My DocumentsEA GamesMedal of Honor Airborne(tm)Config".

IV. Running The Server

To run the server locally:

1. Follow the instructions in "II. Local Server Setup".
2. Run the dedicated server launcher (DSLauncher.exe).
3. Open the config file you want to run if it is not already open.
4. Press the 'Launch!' button.

To run the server remotely:

1. Follow the instructions in "III. Remote Server Setup".
2. Run MOHAServer.exe with the config file as a parameter:
MOHAServer.exe <config>
e.g. MOHAServer.exe MyDedicatedServer.ini

If you run MOHAServer.exe without any parameters, it will attempt to
load the default config name: MOHADedicatedServer.ini.

V. Administrating Remotely

Once connected, the dedicated server remote (DSRemote. exe) looks and
functions identically to the dedicated server.

To connect to a dedicated server remotely:

1. Run DSRemote.exe.
2. Enter the host name (IP address) of the sever.
3. Enter the server's port and password as specified in the config file.
4. If successful, the login dialog should disappear and "Remote
connection accepted" will be printed.

If you receive the "Connection failed." message, the host name or
port number was invalid. You may receive this message even with
correct values if the dedicated server has not yet initialized.

If you receive the "Login failed." message, the connection was
successful but your password was invalid.

VI. Server Commands
========================================

These commands can be executed using either the dedicated server
or the remote tool. Simply type your command in the text field
at the bottom of the application and press the 'Execute' button;
alternatively, press the enter key.

NOTES:
- The commands are case insensitive.
- Arguments within parentheses "(" and ")" are optional
- Arguments separated by "|" are an "or" - pick one of the arguments
- In general, commands takes effect when the map starts, a map is
restarted or when the next map starts.
- As noted below, many commands will print the current value when no
input argument is given.

AllowAutoRifle ( On | Off )
alias: okautorifle
Controls wheather or not the AutoRifle weapon class is allowed
within the game.
Note: With no arguments, the current value is displayed.

AllowRifle ( On | Off )
alias: okrifle
Controls wheather or not the Rifle weapon class is allowed
within the game.

AllowRocket ( On | Off )
alias: okrocket
Controls wheather or not the Rocket weapon class is allowed
within the game.

AllowSMG ( On | Off )
alias: oksmg
Controls wheather or not the sub-machine gun weapon class
is allowed within the game.

AllowSniper ( On | Off )
alias: oksniper
Controls wheather or not the sniper rifle weapon class
is allowed within the game.

AmmoDrop ( On | Off )
alias: ad
Toggle for the dropping of ammo upon player death.

Ban <player_name>
alias: b
Kicks and bans the specified player from the server.
e.g. ban user
Note: The player will be able to join the server but will be
kicked at the weapons selection screen.

BanList
alias: bl
Prints a list of the banned players and their IDs.

BestOf <number>
alias: bo
Sets the number of number of rounds that will be played and
the number of rounds which must be won to declare a winner.
e.g. bestof 7
- For this example, whichever team wins 4 rounds first will
be declared the winner.
The maximum number of rounds that may be played is capped at 99.

EndMatch
alias: em
Ends the current match and starts a new match on the next map
in the rotation list.
Note: There is no winner for the round that is currently in
progress when this command is called.

FriendlyFire ( On | Off )
alias: ff
Toggles wheather or not you can shoot your team mates.

GameName <name>
alias: gn
Sets the name that the game will be called. This is displayed on the
game selection screen when choosing a server. The message should not
be enclosed within "quotes".
e.g. gamename This is My Game

GameType <ObjectiveAirborne>
alias: gt
Sets the type of game that will be played on the server.
e.g. gametype ObjectiveAirborne

HealthDrop ( On | Off )
alias: hd
Toggle for the dropping of health packs upon player death.

Invincibility <seconds>
alias: inv
Set the time that players do not take damage after a respawn.
e.g. invincibility 7

Kick <playername>
alias: k
Kicks the specified player from the server.
e.g. kick user

MaxPlayers <number>
alias: mp
Sets the maximum numbers of players that can enter a game.

MessageOfTheDay <message>
alias: motd
Sets the message that will be displayed when the game starts. The message
should not contain any carriage returns, it should just be a string. The
message should also not be enclosed within "quotes".
e.g. motd Welcome to My Game
Note: Maximum string length is 255 characters. With no arguments,
the current value is displayed.

NextMap
alias: nm
Same as EndMatch

PlayerList
alias: pl
Prints a list of the players currently in the game.

PrivatePassword <password>
alias: pp
Sets the password that must be entered for players to join
a private game.
e.g. privatepassword supersecret

RemotePassword <password>
alias: rp
Sets the password that must be entered for an admin to use
the remote admin tool (DSRemote.exe).
e.g. remotepassword reallysecret

RestartMatch
alias: rsm
Ends the current match and starts a new match on the same map.

RestartRound
alias: rsr
Ends the current round and starts a new round in the same match,
on the same map.

RestartServer
alias: rss
Ends the current match and starts a new match on the first map
in the rotation list.

RotationList
alias: rl
Prints the map rotation list and specifies the current map.

Rounds <number>
alias: rnds rs
Sets the number of number rounds that will be played.
e.g. rounds 7
The maximum number of rounds that may be played is
capped at 99.

RoundTime <minutes>
alias: rtime rt
Sets the time for the round.
The maximum time is capped at 59 minutes.

RunMap <name>
alias: rm
Ends the current match and starts a new match on the specified
map.
e.g. runmap Remagen

SaveSettings
alias: ss
Saves the current server setting as a config file to be used
upon restart.

ShowCompass ( On | Off )
alias: showcp
Toggles the display of the compass.

ShowCrosshairs ( On | Off )
alias: showch
Toggles the display of the weapon crosshairs.

ShowEnemyCompassDots ( On | Off )
alias: showecd
Toggles the display of the compass dots for the enemies.

ShowEnemyNames ( On | Off )
alias: showen
Toggles the display of the names for the enemies.

ShowFriendlyCompassDots ( On | Off )
alias: showfcd
Toggles the display of the compass dots for your teammates.

ShowFriendlyNames ( On | Off )
alias: showfn
Toggles the display of the names for your teammates.

ShowGrenadeIndicators ( On | Off )
alias: showgi
Toggles the display of the indicators for when a grenade is active.

ShowHealthBar ( On | Off )
alias: showhb
Toggles the display of the health bar.

ShowHitIndicators ( On | Off )
alias: showhi
Toggles the display of the hit indicators when players are shot.

ShowHUD ( On | Off )
Toggles the display of the heads-up-display.

ShowKiller ( On | Off )
alias: showkl
Before respwning, displayes the player who just killed the player.

ShowKillerTime <seconds>
alias: showkt
The number of seconds for display that the "ShowKiller" command uses.

ShowMessageWindow ( On | Off )
alias: showmw
Toggles the display of the message window.

ShowScoreAndTime ( On | Off )
alias: showst
Toggles the display of the score and time within the HUD.

ShowStanceIndicator ( On | Off )
alias: showsi
Toggles the display of the stance indicator.

SpawnPostDelayAllies <seconds>
alias: spostal
Sets the delay time between when a player respawns until the player becomes
active for Allied player types.

SpawnPostDelayAxis <seconds>
alias: spostax
active for Axis player types.

SpawnPostDelayNonAir <seconds>
alias: spostna
active for non-airdrop game types.

SpawnPreDelayAllies <seconds>
alias: spreal
Sets the delay time between when a player dies until the respawn begins
for Allied player types.

SpawnPreDelayAxis <seconds>
alias: spreax
for Axis player types.

SpawnPreDelayNonAir <seconds>
alias: sprena
for non-airdrop game types.

TimeBetweenMatches <seconds>
alias: tbm
Number of seconds to delay between matches.

TimeBetweenRounds <seconds>
alias: tbr
Number of seconds to delay between rounds.

TimeLimit <minutes>
alias: tl
Same as the "RoundTIme" command.

Unban <name>
alias: ub
Lifts the server ban on the specified player.
e.g. unban user

UnbanAll
Lifts the server ban on all players. The internal list of banned
players is wiped after issuing this command... use with caution,
there is no undo.

Upgrades ( On | Off )
alias: up
Toggles weapon upgrades.

VoiceCommands ( On | Off )
alias: voice
Toggles the display of display of voice commands within the
chat window.

WeaponDrop ( On | Off )
alias: wd
Toggle for the dropping of weapons upon player death.

WeaponTracers ( On | Off )
alias: tracers
Toggles the display of tracers when weapons are fired.

WelcomeMessage <message>
alias: wm
Same as the "MessageOfTheDay" command.

VII. Credits

Bertman
09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Any news on the release? Supposed to be this week right?

<MAD>Jackson
09-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Hmmm i'am not gonna hold ma breath

Busterking
09-24-2007, 01:38 PM
They have the Rocket in MP and not the shotgun.

How stupid is that.

Freakin tards.

DieWitYaBootsOn
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Let me suggest something ...

Let's wait,... instead of spending all the time complaining and saying all kind of bad things about this issue.

I think it is still worth while waiting for it until,... we agree that there is no future in moh.

SP is great !

Regards

rudedog
09-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Let me suggest something ...

Let's wait,... instead of spending all the time complaining and saying all kind of bad things about this issue.

I think it is still worth while waiting for it until,... we agree that there is no future in moh.

SP is great !

Regards

While SP is great, we focus more on the MP side of things here. While I will agree we should just stop complaining and wait. We (as in MP admins and community players both clans and private) may not be around by the time the patch is released.

Funny thing is, if it was not for the people complaining, no one would be talking about MOH. - Think about that for a second.

I will say I'm done, until a patch is released and I can reevaluate the game I will stay out of all the MOH talk.

Bertman
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
SP is great, but come on.. Who really buys this game mainly for SP? After all the flops out there with FPS games (whether it be the latest R6 title, or COD2), why can't any of these companies get it right? I mean this is what they are paid to do and how they make their main income. I know I too have read all the ranting posts, but it just gets to be too much. I know all those guys out there saying "just be patient" etc, we are and will be because we have no choice. It is just frustrating that we spend $50 to beta test these things that are half completed. Just gets old after a while. It's not like you can say "then don't buy an EA game" because all the companies are doing it. It is about time one of them steps up and delivers it right the first time, maybe COD4 will do it.

DieWitYaBootsOn
09-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Rudedog, I've just made a suggestion... I believe I can.

I'm not criticizing anyone... just suggesting, and we all have the right to criticize (after all we pay for the games...)

I'm sure you are around for a long time in the scene. Until today no one,... but no one,... has released a game without bugs. Hell, even CoD2 came out without anti-cheat support ... and until today it has not proven to be a good anti-cheat... go figure !!!!

I don't usually post, but I read a lot, and I've learned a lot from all the forums around ... but it seems that "today" many are more concerned in destroying, than in building... that was the reason why I've made my suggestion.

EA Games is my favorite games producer,... ok I admit ... (MoH, BF2, BF2142, C&C, NFS Saga, LOTR, ... and many more) but for instance, I've signed the petition because is a positive thing to do, other comments I read... I don't know their purpose.

My very best regards. Keep it up...
(and let's wait).

rudedog
09-25-2007, 03:28 AM
No problem and I understand and I apologizes if I came off in a bad way towards you or anyone else.

While I or some people may have issues with EA, Activision, IW or (fill in dev name here). Both sides should be heard, both positives and negatives.

What I don't want is to be a site where people think you can not say one thing or the other (good or bad) about a game or company just don't take it out on an individual of said company. We pride ourselves for letting our members voice their opinions.

I did not mean anything towards you or your comments and welcome you to please keep posting and reading.

I may take it a little more personal because of the site I run and the work I've done with EA and the MOH franchise.

I know most of us who right now, who seem to do more bitching then anything else, really want the game to succeed, we are all just a little frustrated.

BTW, my most played game right now when I'm actually home is BF2. :salute:

Herr Klugscheisser
09-25-2007, 08:03 AM
Though I only play WW2 shooters, I am curious how people think COD4 will be the next big thing in the FPS genre. COD4 is a multi-platform title and I'm curious if the same people will be using the "p" word upon it's launch date or will Activision/IW pull it off?

What I want to know really is if all this multi-platform development can "really" work in the PC world. Unfortunately it looks like it's here to stay with few "PC exclusive" titles to be found that are worth the money. :undecided

Thought this to be funny:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/387609

Click on "WATCH THIS MOVIE"

grego34
09-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the list of commands! we have ordered a server for our group or anyone to play. ETFU->Elite Tactical Fighting Unit http://etfu.spruz.net/main.asp

DieWitYaBootsOn
09-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Though I only play WW2 shooters, I am curious how people think COD4 will be the next big thing in the FPS genre. COD4 is a multi-platform title and I'm curious if the same people will be using the "p" word upon it's launch date or will Activision/IW pull it off?

What I want to know really is if all this multi-platform development can "really" work in the PC world. Unfortunately it looks like it's here to stay with few "PC exclusive" titles to be found that are worth the money. :undecided

Thought this to be funny:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/387609

Click on "WATCH THIS MOVIE"

OMG ... the only think that comes to my mind is...: Looooooool

The_Comfy_Chair
09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Posted By Blackhataa today on EA forums:

A Patch Update
Posted:Sep 27, 2007 7:20 PM

Hey everyone - The patch finaled last night, and was submitted to CQC. They'll have it for a few days, and then we can release it. I don't have a final date yet, but we're looking at early next week.

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/message.jspa?messageID=2886329#2886329

TSI_Destroyer_NL
09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
i like this reply from one of the guys there...

> There are many here (including myslef) that think EA
> is purposly not stating the number of max players
> because it has not increased at all. Why wait for
> info they already know and can tell us if they wish?
> It's not like they are under an NDA until the patch
> comes out. I hope they prove me wrong, but I would
> bet money BH is avoiding the question because he
> doesn't want more people directing their anger at
> him.

and he,s right...and what about the question a system that meets or exeeeds the minimum system game requirments?

rudedog
09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I guess EA won't give the Airborne developers that info until the patch passes QC

Pendragon
09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
After I turned blue holding my breath I went out and got a copy of ET:QW, well it gives you something to play... Better than asphyxiation!?!

When it comes we will all have a look. If it works then all of this chat and stuff will soon be forgotten. If it doesn't work the only thing forgotten will be the game...

OldDog
09-29-2007, 08:18 AM
I've really gotten into Team Fortress 2...beta only, as of now. It may not be a photo-realistic, WWII-genre game, but it's a hell of a lot of fun.

theMechanic
10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Offically announced, patch comes today

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=292570&tstart=0