An FPS Server guide for developers It's not rocket science and to be honest, most if not all of these features have been around for some time. However we keep seeing new games released, with a lot of these basic features missing. Click here to view the list of features we've been asking for since 2001
Please use this thread to leave feedback or be part of the continued discussion on what admins need to run a successful game server.
DICE has launched a limited alpha test for Battlefield 4 today. Select PC gamers should find an email invitation waiting for them in their inbox. The invite, as posted on NeoGAF, says that testers were selected because of their "experience with the Battlefield series." There's no definitive requirement, though, so don't expect an invitation just because you've been playing Battlefield for years. It sounds like only a very small number of invites were sent out. Electronic Arts has released the minimum specs for this alpha build. According to those specs, Battlefield 4Ā alpha build won't support Windows 8 or 32bit OS systems. Of course, I don't know whether the final build will have these restrictions, but as far as I know DICE wanted to release games that would be exclusive to 64-bit OS systems. Battlefield 4's alpha phase will last 14 days, and as the company revealed, a beta testing phase will be launched at the end of August of all platforms.
Here are the minimum specs for Battlefield 4 Alpha Build:
-OS: Vista SP2, Win7 (Win8 not supported)
-64 bit (32 bit not supported)
-Dx10 or Dx 11 GPU with 1+GB of RAM, Dx 11 highly recommended
-25GB HDD free space required
-Latest Origin version required
MD is the co-designer of Microsoft's system-on-a-chip hardware inside the Xbox One console. However, when it came to showing off upcoming Xbox One games at E3 2013, it looks like Microsoft had PCs running those demos with hardware provided by another company. The first word of this came from long time game journalist Julian Rignall, who posted word via Twitter on something that happened when he played an Xbox One game at E3 this week.
I just played an Xbox One game using an Xbox One controller that crashed... to a Windows 7, Hewlet Packard-branded desktop. Magic!
DICE general manager Karl-Magnus Troedsson confirmed to PC Gamer at E3 that Battlefield 4 will not support mods. Troedsson caveated that user-generated content is something that DICE finds very interesting, and that its something the studio has been talking about at a high level.
PCG: Is there any chance of Battlefield 4 being moddable?
Karl-Magnus Troedsson, DICE GM: We get that question a lot. I always answer the same thing, and then the community calls me bad names. We get the feedback, we understand it. We also would like to see more player-created content, but we would never do something like this if we feel we couldnt do this 100 percent. That means we need to have the right tools available, we need to have the right security around this regarding what parts of the engine we let loose, so to say. So for BF4 we dont have any planned mod support, I have to be blunt about saying that. We dont.
- Spectator mode with free-cam officially confirmed. Free-cam will have 5 cameras that you can place anywhere on the map.
- Spawn screens below.
Option to remove all HUD and have a clean screen should you choose to record.
- 'Sprint Swim' and the ability to fire sidearm while in water. Diving down into water also confirmed.
- Green laser sight attachment as well as the normal red one.
- Support class no longer has C4, Recon's do. Recon's also have the 'Motion Ball' Gadget back.Attack heli pilot has a maximum of 42 rockets and fires the standard 14 rockets.
- Attack heli gunner also has limited ammo, thought to be of 60 rounds in total, 30 before reloading.
- Patrol boat ammo also 60 rounds in total, 30 each time before reloading.
- Main Battle Tanks (MBT's) have a total of 5 primary weapon rounds, 1 ready, 4 chambered.
- AC-130 Gunship now has limited ammo.
- Snipers will be able to measure target's distance by hitting the 'V' key on PC. Check out the video below which covers zeroing and the Motion Balls by one of BFO's own,Assault class will have smaller, limited med-pack known as 'Survival Kits' which can be directly applied and will be able to heal teammates on the move. Same goes for Support class and smaller, direct and limited ammo packs. Spectator mode allows switching to each player's perspective with the F1, F2, F3 and F4 keys.
Indestructible tank bollards to prevent them from entering certain areas. Can be lowered if player exits tank and presses button next to said bollards.
- Commander can drop supply crates which will replenish vehicle ammo.
- Vehicle resupply stations can also be found.
- Suppression exclusive to LMG's and sniper rifles, dependent on range though.
- Four types of grenades. Standard M67 grenade, Incendiary grenade (which you can see in action by clicking here), Flashbang and Smoke grenade.
- Customisable sidearms. This includes scopes and possibly barrel modifications.
- In-game player performance reports when spectating.
Snipers will have variable zoom when scoped in.
- Individual tyres can NOT be blown out on vehicles.
- Gunship notification for infantry.
Bohemia Interactive has confirmed the Arma 3 beta will be released on June 25.
The beta will include some new weapons, a few new vehicles and a new independent faction.
Additions will include new arsenals and vehicles to test and new scenarios that include a co-op and multi-team, wave-based defense scenario. Additionally, a new ďIndependentĒ faction consisting of a military native to Altis and Stratis was mentioned. You know, in case you were tired of Blufor and Opfor.
Another change is that uploading player-created missions to Steam Workshop will be directly integrated into the Arma 3 mission editor, which should streamline things a bit. This isnít necessarily going to be available during the beta, but it is a confirmed feature. Eventually.
Not sure everyone has Premium - but free is good if not & downloading it now (see code below)
E3 2013: Battlefield 3 Close Quaters DLC being given away for free - From PixelEnemy.com
DICE has announced today that the Close Quarters DLC for Battlefield 3 will be free to all Battlefield 3 players. This is to celebrate the unveiling of Battlefield 4 multiplayer and to thank the millions of fans that have managed to log over 1 billion hours of Battlefield 3 since its launch in October 2011.
* Update: Saw on Battlelog - Enter this code on Origin (click on Redeem a code): BF3E3
0 Replies | 357 Views
Top Poster: rudedog (9,607)