FPSadmin | MOHadmin | CODadmin 2002 -2020
Contact Rudedog @ The google email service
This all started out by helping the guys over at AlliedAsualt.com setup
a Allied Assault game server for their forum community. After
spending a lot of time, in the AA.com forums, "helping game server
admins setup and maintain great dedicated server" (our tag line for
over 15 years) MOHadmin.com was born, up and running on the state
of the art back end called PHPnuke (OK that may be a stretch).
Shortly after that, the guys over at Infinity Ward had a falling out
with EA, moved over to Activision and started a new franchise by the
name of Call of Duty. Seeing a need in the community for
addioanl support for this new title and other FPS shooters, I created
Realizing two separate sites was just too much trouble supporting, I
combined the sites into one site offering help with other FPS shooters
and called it FPSadmin.com. I also created a mod called Rudedog's
Message center to broadcast server sided messages to all clients in
With game developers and their publishers getting a little greedy and
dropping support for both dedicated game server as well as modding
support. Thus our support was not needed as much over the past
few years and in early 2020 we decided to close the site down.
I want to thank our members, all the good friends I've made as well as
one of, if not the best gaming communities around. I'm
around on other tech forums and you can usually find me by my nic,
Rudedog. Look for the -not so rude Rudedog tag or TheRealRudedog.
For more info on how to contact me as well as how my nic came to be,
check out my google site link here.
I'm also currently still active playing the latest Battlefield game and go by RudedogFPS. Please don't hesitate to say hi
And with that I'll leave you a little bit of MOH/COD/FPSadmin history,
An FPS Server guide for developers
It's not rocket science and to be
honest, most if not all of these features have been around in part from
game to game. However we keep seeing new game released missing what we
call "the basics".
Game developers, publishers, community managers and producers -
If you have not
figured it out yet, these are the same features we keep asking for,
year after year. Well now, here's it in writing. Please print this out
and or copy and paste it into an email to the powers that be. Please do
not use this page instead of asking your respected communities what
they want. Use this page as a starting point to give them some truly
groundbreaking features above and beyond what is listed here.
When asked for
server sided / admin features you would like to see in (fill in FPS
game name here) simply point them to the link below. If enough people
keep sending them the same link, they may get the idea and figure out
we've been asking for these same things for a very long time.
Posted: Oct 16th, 2007
- Linux support for dedicated servers
- 64bit support (linux)
- Dedicated server files: So we don't have to upload the whole game to the remote servers.
- Server sided patches: so we can patch the server directly, please
remember that servers don't have installed files thus there are no
registry entries or we are running on a Linux box.
-A/C out of the box
- HTTP redirect: Download maps/mods/skins/... from a remote server at unlimited speeds (of the remote server)
- Server side switches: Turn on/off as many options as possible so we
can customize the server to our clients liking.turn
turn on/off hud, weapons, class, run, lean, bunny hopping, FF, TK, prone, ..........
-Run more then one mod at the same time without having to combine your mods into one
- Auto team switch after match
- Auto balance
- Realism, Arcade, clan modes
- specify IP and or port
- command line switches
- Server variables for logging and stats
- Ability to run multiple servers from one install: Seperate cfg /ini
files for each server based on same install set.
- Server sided messages: Broadcast messages from cfg file, with rules, announcements, site links ...
- Being able to change color, size, duration and position of server sided messages
- Autokick features: being able to babysit your server via a server sided script that would,
kick/ban for high ping
kick/ban for duration: you set a time limit
kick/ban for team killing
chat filter: filter out bad words admin should be able to edit this file
- Server sided stats via RSS: To be displayed on a 3rd party site
- Document Rcon and VARS
- Different permission levels for RCON access
In game server browser
- Remember your sort preference after exiting the game: So you don't
have to setup your sort preference all over again, after you restart
the whole game (from desktop).
- Multi-sort: Being able to combine sorts like ping + players + maps and so on
- List as much detail as you can regarding the server:
Players: kills, deaths, ping, .......
Current map name
custom maps/mods/skins currently in use
IP address for bookmarking (would be great if you could resolve these
IP address to a domain name)
Current message of the day, rules, site url......
Server/Clan/Site banner type graphic
- List players pings in server: Great to know if that high ping server
has a lot of low ping clients connected
- Quick refresh that works in some what real time
- Lots of filters - A/C, maps, ping, full, empty, mods, type of server,.......
- Responsive to changes in filters and sorting
- RSS feed to master server: So we can add server lists and overall
server stats to our web sites - RSS feeds to client info would be an
- Auto log in: Remember my username and password.
- Be able to connect via desktop shortcut
- Be able to connect via 3rd party app, like Xfire
- skip intro's
- Exit to desktop with one button, maybe a confirmation click
- stats for clients: To be displayed on remote 3rd party sites
- Editable clan or web site tags: An additional text field that can be
added to the clients login name ie: |FPSadmin|Rudedog = clan/web tlogin
| useielogin name
To leave feedback or participate in the ongoing discussion about this
guide, please see this threadClans, members, web sites and even game
developers, if you support this list please send me via this link, the
name you wish listed on this page as well as your URL. I will start
listing sites ASAP.
members use this page to leave feedback, non site members who do not
wish to register, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page.
This page is a work in progress and is not finished. Please forward comments and suggestions to Rudedog via PM
Supporters of this document:
The Black Duck
The Dutch Fight Club
Asylum Game Servers
Opposing Forces Gaming Network
The Dark Realm Phoenix Clan
Raiders Gaming Net (RGN)
Official Master clan
The Senile soldiers
The Fighting 69th
-V- for Victory
(83rd) Division Thunderbolt
Anger Management Gaming Network